Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Awimb.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Didn't do much. Dragged my boy around on his sledge for an hour or so on Saturday. His lips started to turn blue at one point so it was time to take him home
    That's actually an honest, decent pass-time, if you live somewhere that has proper snowfall.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's actually an honest, decent pass-time, if you live somewhere that has proper snowfall.
    He loved it for the most part. Just gutted he's not old enough yet to have an excuse to buy one of these.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    How was your weekend?
    Was talking to someone who lives in Belsize Park. He was wondering why the lifts at the station are numbered 2,3 and 4. Where is lift #1? I conjectured that lift #1 might possibly be a staff lift which passengers can't see.

What sayeth thou?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Was talking to someone who lives in Belsize Park. He was wondering why the lifts at the station are numbered 2,3 and 4. Where is lift #1? I conjectured that lift #1 might possibly be a staff lift which passengers can't see.

What sayeth thou?
    That's a good question. Though London Underground is not a popular topic today.

I don't know the answer.
    Though there is Belsize park deep level shelter next to it. Not that may have anything to do with it.

That's a good question. Though London Underground is not a popular topic today.
    Tell you what, Clive. Those RMT lads need to stop fannying about and go in hard - let the bosses know they're there. A two week strke would see whether this city has got any backbone or not.

Tell you what, Clive. Those RMT lads need to stop fannying about and go in hard - let the bosses know they're there. A two week strke would see whether this city has got any backbone or not.
    Thing is, they know they can't actually push it that hard. If they do, they would give LU nothing to lose and create the public will for the introduction of driverless trains (which should have happened years ago) and that would be the end of their nice, cushy, wildly overpaid little gig.

It really does show how vulnerable this city is. London is very unique. I am sure a similar strike in New York would chaos.

If most stations don't have any staff already how come they are not open today?

Brave picket types at Kings Cross this morning. I am sure they have been called all sorts of things. Squard of cunds probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Thing is, they know they can't actually push it that hard. If they do, they would give LU nothing to lose and create the public will for the introduction of driverless trains (which should have happened years ago) and that would be the end of their nice, cushy, wildly overpaid little gig.
    I was reading today they were arguing that 80 positions are unfilled for station staff.

Where does one apply? they can't.

It really does show how vulnerable this city is. London is very unique. I am sure a similar strike in New York would chaos.

If most stations don't have any staff already how come they are not open today?

Brave picket types at Kings Cross this morning. I am sure they have been called all sorts of things. Squard of cunds probably.
    Is it much different than if there is a little bit of snow, though? Was making my way home in the early hours of Sunday morning after a considerable amount of snow had fallen in a short period of time on top of what was quite a snow covered place. Night bus was still bang on time. Such a luxury

Southern jessies don't like it up em. A phrase I heard on multiple occasions on Saturday evening during the game. Needless to say, we had the last laugh