Register now to unlock a matched free bet from Ladbrokes for up to £50 (18+, T&Cís apply)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Republican celebrates demise of Obamacare

  1. #1

    Republican celebrates demise of Obamacare

    This is the world we are living in today.
    http://imgur.com/A5V7svI
    The moral values I've learnt in my life I've learnt through football. Arsene Wenger

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    This is the world we are living in today.
    http://imgur.com/A5V7svI
    I do wish people would stop highlighting individual examples of stupidity as though they were emblematic of anything wider.

    The world has never been any different. It's always had stupid people and clever people in it on every side of every argument.

    Always remember: 'The plural of anecdote is not data'.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I do wish people would stop highlighting individual examples of stupidity as though they were emblematic of anything wider.

    The world has never been any different. It's always had stupid people and clever people in it on every side of every argument.

    Always remember: 'The plural of anecdote is not data'.
    I hardly ever do this tbf - but, with the caveat that this is not fake obvs, this is just so monumentally stupid I consider it worth sharing
    The moral values I've learnt in my life I've learnt through football. Arsene Wenger

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I hardly ever do this tbf - but, with the caveat that this is not fake obvs, this is just so monumentally stupid I consider it worth sharing
    Oh, I know. It's just a trope that gets on my wick and is used by all sides of every argument to justify their position.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I know. It's just a trope that gets on my wick and is used by all sides of every argument to justify their position.
    You'll be telling me there's some sort of agenda with videos like this next
    The moral values I've learnt in my life I've learnt through football. Arsene Wenger

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    You'll be telling me there's some sort of agenda with videos like this next
    Brought to you, of course, by the same people who believe that all women should vote for a woman because...errr...she's a woman.

    The stupidity is by no means restricted to one side.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Brought to you, of course, by the same people who believe that all women should vote for a woman because...errr...she's a woman.

    The stupidity is by no means restricted to one side.
    Well I guess the argument for voting for a woman is that no woman has been elected before. And also that, if you're a woman, your life is going to start sucking in about ten days' time. But hey. I ain't a chick, I don't give a fvck. Fvck off, Meryl Streep.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Well I guess the argument for voting for a woman is that no woman has been elected before. And also that, if you're a woman, your life is going to start sucking in about ten days' time. But hey. I ain't a chick, I don't give a fvck. Fvck off, Meryl Streep.
    That's a remarkably reductive point of view that in effect robs women of their agency by insisting they show solidarity by virtue of their identity regardless of things like policy. Reduce people to mere functions of their identity labels and you can end up making a case that white people should all have voted against Obama.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's a remarkably reductive point of view that in effect robs women of their agency by insisting they show solidarity by virtue of their identity regardless of things like policy. Reduce people to mere functions of their identity labels and you can end up making a case that white people should all have voted against Obama.
    Yes, you did say before that the woman "thing" would be a far harder sell than the black "thing". Still, I guess the Obama-Frau will answer the question once and for all, in the fullness of time.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's a remarkably reductive point of view that in effect robs women of their agency by insisting they show solidarity by virtue of their identity regardless of things like policy. Reduce people to mere functions of their identity labels and you can end up making a case that white people should all have voted against Obama.
    There are some very concrete effects of the Trump election, including medical care and ****e like that. Also, the agenda, some of which has a gendered component. Women do not, as a rule, own a dozen assault rifles; that's more of a male thing. Trump will be an advocate for those blokes. You will no doubt say something about working class solidarity, closet socialist that you are. That women in blue-collar areas benefit from the policies Trump is advocating. That "women's issues" are marquee, middle class concerns; whereas blue-collar women need to worry about ****e like having their families hold together. Here is where the fakeness of Trump comes in. He's not actually -- I hope I'm wrong -- going to help blue-collar workers. He's cutting down their pay, their medical, all that stuff. It's just rich guy rules. The only thing they got is kicking out the immigrants, which might do some good. We'll see on that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •