Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arise Sir Drug Cheat

So you're saying all the Kenyans are all drug cheats then? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Absolutely laughable how naive this is

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/38533433
    You won't let this go will you... and yet still no hard evidence.... keep trying
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    If he's training in the US, USADA turn up at any hour to do the test. in and out of competition. You have to disclose where you will be so they are able to find you at anytime.
    Lance Armstrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As Arsene has said, until you do blood testing the screening is not credible as EPO doesn't show in wee-wee tests.
    Strictly speaking I am not sure that is 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Strictly speaking I am not sure that is 100% correct.
    The whole of top-level sport is bent. If you think about it, it kind of has to be. Once you accept that premise, everything makes a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The whole of top-level sport is bent. If you think about it, it kind of has to be. Once you accept that premise, everything makes a lot more sense.
    To different degrees within different sports.

Have to say it does not bother me one jot. The nuances and many definitions of cheating are simply too tiresome to allow oneself to get worked up about.

To different degrees within different sports.

Have to say it does not bother me one jot. The nuances and many definitions of cheating are simply too tiresome to allow oneself to get worked up about.
    I think once you accept that there are those at the very top level using unfair means to win, it becomes naive not to realise that it must be well-nigh impossible to win without those artificial advantages. Thus, you have to assume virtually anyone who wins is bent.

Think about it: Russia was running a state-sponsored doping scheme and only came fourth in the Olympic medals table. What does that suggest to you? It's essentially an arms race that forces everyone to use those means just to compete, so what else are people going to do?

It doesn't particularly bother me, either. What bothers me is the hypocrisy and naivety of imagining that it's only those guys who cheat and that 'our' guys must be fine.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-10-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Think about it: Russia was running a state-sponsored doping scheme and only came fourth in the Olympic medals table. What does that suggest to you? It's essentially an arms race that forces everyone to use those means just to compete, so what else are people going to do?

It doesn't particularly bother me, either. What bothers me is the hypocrisy and naivety of imagining that it's only those guys who cheat and that 'our' guys must be fine.
    I believe the cool current internet / social media thing is do simply reply thus - This ^^

British Cycling. That is all I have to say.

I believe the cool current internet / social media thing is do simply reply thus - This ^^

I'm fairly sure those Irish rowers were on something

What? How dare you suggest that all our brave, asthmatic cyclists who receive mysterious medical packages whose contents nobody can remember might be in any way suspicious?! How dare you suggest that Sir Braddles Wiggles' sudden 'retirement' may simply be a means of quitting before he gets busted!? These are vile calumnies!

You, sir, are beneath contempt!