Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Arise Sir Drug Cheat

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am afraid I make you wrong there.

Would allow myself a large glass of milk most nights (obviously if not drinking). Cold milk, a rake of biscuits. Job done.
    Oreo cookies are what you want here, SW. Nowt better than a load of Oreos and a glass of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Oreo cookies are what you want here, SW. Nowt better than a load of Oreos and a glass of milk.
    I used to do it with chocolate chip cookies when I was a kid.
    I'd put em in the glass and mash em up.

I might do it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I quite like a glass of milk with a bacon sandwich.

and I am not a fan of a cup of tea or coffee with English breakfast. I'll ask for some juice as I won't ask for milk. plus when I was a kid I didn't trust cafe milk.
    Milk is a drink for children, sw. The mere idea of drinking it these days actually makes me feel rather queer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Milk is a drink for children, sw. The mere idea of drinking it these days actually makes me feel rather queer.
    I don't normally even have milk in the fridge. black coffees all round.

but I did to mix my protein shakes with. But had a nice glass the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sure, but these athletics cases are almost irrelevant. It's everywhere. The real game-changer will come if anyone ever blows the lid off football, but I really don't know if there's the will to do so.
    Yes, true. The Yanks never gave a toss about doping in athletics just as long as they won (see Michael Johnson). However when it turned out that one of baseball's most hallowed records (Roger Maris 61 home runs in a season) was obliterated by two players out of their minds on steroids, it suddenly became a national scandal.

The time is not far off I think when everyone will stop caring and they can just take what they like. If they subsequently do a Florence Griffith Joyner and drop dead at the age of 39 then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, true. The Yanks never gave a toss about doping in athletics just as long as they won (see Michael Johnson). However when it turned out that one of baseball's most hallowed records (Roger Maris 61 home runs in a season) was obliterated by two players out of their minds on steroids, it suddenly became a national scandal.

The time is not far off I think when everyone will stop caring and they can just take what they like. If they subsequently do a Florence Griffith Joyner and drop dead at the age of 39 then so be it.
    I just think most fans would rather not know if football's bent, tbh. Equally, the authorities won't want to crack down on it, while most of the media does very nicely out of football and won't have much interest in killing the goose that lays the golden eggs. I just think everyone's happier turning a blind eye.