Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Wimbledon Village.

Wimbledon Village.

I'd never been there before. Been to Wimbledon 'town' where the station is, and South Wimbledon, and Wimbledon Park, and over the Common, and the Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club but not the 'village'. I think it's twinned with Hampstead, Harrow-on-the-hill, Dulwich Village, Stoke Newington Church Street, and 'Nappy Valley' between Clapham & Wandworth commons.

What links all this places is lack of breakfast. A proper one. There were loads of eateries in Wimbledon Village, many of them claimimg to be cafes, but their idea of an All Day Breakfast was organic muesli and yogurt.

So well done to Carluccios, an Italian place that did a decent full Inglesi albeit with Pancetta for bacon - the most fatty bit of sliced pig I've had for years.

The nearby Cannizaro Park is a decent stroll round though. Definitely recommended. Can't give a review to the Windmill Museum on the Common though as it wasn't open. The Buddhist Temple on Calonne road is worth a look and a wander round the grounds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'd never been there before. Been to Wimbledon 'town' where the station is, and South Wimbledon, and Wimbledon Park, and over the Common, and the Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club but not the 'village'. I think it's twinned with Hampstead, Harrow-on-the-hill, Dulwich Village, Stoke Newington Church Street, and 'Nappy Valley' between Clapham & Wandworth commons.

What links all this places is lack of breakfast. A proper one. There were loads of eateries in Wimbledon Village, many of them claimimg to be cafes, but their idea of an All Day Breakfast was organic muesli and yogurt.

So well done to Carluccios, an Italian place that did a decent full Inglesi albeit with Pancetta for bacon - the most fatty bit of sliced pig I've had for years.

The nearby Cannizaro Park is a decent stroll round though. Definitely recommended. Can't give a review to the Windmill Museum on the Common though as it wasn't open. The Buddhist Temple on Calonne road is worth a look and a wander round the grounds too.
    Used to always go there to watch 5 nations (as it was then) rugby, can't remember the name of the pub. Nice part of the world

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Used to always go there to watch 5 nations (as it was then) rugby, can't remember the name of the pub. Nice part of the world
    Dog & Fox?