Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So, we're behind Spurs and the sky has not fallen

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, absolutely not. Far too close to call.

And if you forced me to bet on one or the other my money would be on Spurs, sadly.
    They hardly set the world alight, it was a very poor match that was settled by Chelsea allowing spurs to pull exactly the same routine twice!

We will win our next 3 and be ahead of them both at end of season

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Chelsea were average, I thought. They always are when I watch them (Us, Liverpool and last night).

Have they actually beaten anyone decent lately?
    My experience as well this season. I was amazed at how much space there was in midfield for Spurs to knock it about. Players like Wanyama and Dembele were receiving the ball in the middle of the pitch with no Chelsea player within 5 yards.

As far as I remember Chelsea beat only City that were any good. And for the first 60 minutes of that game City ripped them apart and should have been 2 or 3 nil up. Chelsea were very lucky that day.

So basically Liverpool or Spurs will win the league

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I've never liked Giroud. Stupid haircut, stupid beard, mirror loving over dramatic ****.
    You just described Ljungberg as well. What is it you have against attractive men, SW?

You always seemed to like me.

You just described Ljungberg as well. What is it you have against attractive men, SW?

I feel like Spurs are somewhat too feisty for people to really have a whack at, and they're hoping they will fade of their own accord. They're incredibly fit, are physically very imposing. They have a limitless sense of rectitude, having been done down for many years. Its like coming across an escaped convict. It's like, all right man, do it. Good luck. Just don't punch me with a steak knife before moving along.

We need a couple people with personality on our dull team. Giroud is so in love with himself that he forgets to choke. I can't hate that about him.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I feel like Spurs are somewhat too feisty for people to really have a whack at, and they're hoping they will fade of their own accord. They're incredibly fit, are physically very imposing. They have a limitless sense of rectitude, having been done down for many years. Its like coming across an escaped convict. It's like, all right man, do it. Good luck. Just don't punch me with a steak knife before moving along.
    I would have thought that if a steak knife was your weapon of choice then you would stab a person with it, not punch them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would have thought that if a steak knife was your weapon of choice then you would stab a person with it, not punch them.
    You've obviously never been in prison. Nor have I, come to that.

But you know, in prison, they have a shop class. And in this shop class you make steak knives, the kind you can punch people with.

it will be interesting to see how spurs manage their finances as they build a new stadium - we used it as an excuse to drop out of being front line title contenders

I lost faith in Wenger many years ago, so part of me wants to see spurs have success to highlight the failings of our current manager - but the more realistic part knows that Wenger is untouchable and spurs success or otherwise would have no bearing on his future. Couple this with my childhood indoctrination and traditional hatred (family support dates back to the early 1920s) and I only ever want to see spurs fail - I'd rather we overtook them on the last day of the season to avoid relegation than beat them to 2nd place

arsenal fans only panic when spurs are 4 pts in front wirh one game to go
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

even then spurs would **** it up
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'