Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, we're behind Spurs and the sky has not fallen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So, we're behind Spurs and the sky has not fallen

I really, really, really find it hard to dislike this Spurs team. They are very competitive despite having spent a fraction of the money we have, they have a young, energetic manager who seems tactically astute and has them playing a style of football that I'd love to watch every week and with the exception of Danny Rose I can't think of a single player there that makes me want to punch him in the face. And I loved watching Yanwama and Dembele controlling midfield with a very physical style of play. We used to have two midfielders like that.

In fact, when the first one went in last night, I yelled out with joy. And I watched the entire match as I found it interesting.

So who's up for supporting Spurs as their second team then?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I really, really, really find it hard to dislike this Spurs team. They are very competitive despite having spent a fraction of the money we have, they have a young, energetic manager who seems tactically astute and has them playing a style of football that I'd love to watch every week and with the exception of Danny Rose I can't think of a single player there that makes me want to punch him in the face. And I loved watching Yanwama and Dembele controlling midfield with a very physical style of play. We used to have two midfielders like that.

In fact, when the first one went in last night, I yelled out with joy. And I watched the entire match as I found it interesting.

Would you put your money on us finishing above them?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Check out the Hebrew playing hard and fast with his cash.

No, absolutely not. Far too close to call.

And if you forced me to bet on one or the other my money would be on Spurs, sadly.

No, absolutely not. Far too close to call.

And if you forced me to bet on one or the other my money would be on Spurs, sadly.
    They hardly set the world alight, it was a very poor match that was settled by Chelsea allowing spurs to pull exactly the same routine twice!

We will win our next 3 and be ahead of them both at end of season

You and Bruce Forsyth.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

England will win the World Cup before Spurs win the league, imo. So I'll support *them* second.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

And let us not forget how edifying it must be to feel the real atmosphere at WHL. I find their version of "Oh When the Spurs" quite stunning. A pwopah old school football chant; primal, simple and uplifting. The way they draw the vowel sounds out would be impossible at the ArabBowl - none of the cancer deserving cvnts there would get it and would quickly descend back into "s'null s'null s'null".

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    And let us not forget how edifying it must be to feel the real atmosphere at WHL. I find their version of "Oh When the Spurs" quite stunning. A pwopah old school football chant; primal, simple and uplifting. The way they draw the vowel sounds out would be impossible at the ArabBowl - none of the cancer deserving cvnts there would get it and would quickly descend back into "s'null s'null s'null".
    It did occur to me during last night's game that their fans are far, far, far better than ours. Certainly on the 'passion' and song originality front.

Has that always been the case?

It did occur to me during last night's game that their fans are far, far, far better than ours. Certainly on the 'passion' and song originality front.
    I believe this is partly down to not winning the league for 55 years, flirting with relegation in recent times and having a massive chip on the shoulder. Breeds character, you see. Not to mention a spot of violent hatred.