Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So, we're behind Spurs and the sky has not fallen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I really, really, really find it hard to dislike this Spurs team. They are very competitive despite having spent a fraction of the money we have, they have a young, energetic manager who seems tactically astute and has them playing a style of football that I'd love to watch every week and with the exception of Danny Rose I can't think of a single player there that makes me want to punch him in the face. And I loved watching Yanwama and Dembele controlling midfield with a very physical style of play. We used to have two midfielders like that.

In fact, when the first one went in last night, I yelled out with joy. And I watched the entire match as I found it interesting.

So who's up for supporting Spurs as their second team then?
    Behave

They have a very balanced first XI and as long as they all stay fit they'll be right up there but they're a Harry Kane injury away from having to start Janssen

They will also inevitably implode because that's what they do

They can also all **** off and die*

*maybe not ACTUALLY die but you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Behave

They have a very balanced first XI and as long as they all stay fit they'll be right up there but they're a Harry Kane injury away from having to start Janssen

They will also inevitably implode because that's what they do

They can also all **** off and die*

*maybe not ACTUALLY die but you know what I mean
    They have already lost Kane for a part of this season and have done okay.

We lose Sanchez for a prolonged injury and we have to play Giroud who let’s face it once we have to endure him over a longer duration reminds us of how massively average he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

We lose Sanchez for a prolonged injury and we have to play Giroud who let’s face it once we have to endure him over a longer duration reminds us of how massively average he really is.
    Regardless, we always find a way.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Weren't spurs doing really well untiil they lost Kane and then that's why they dropped away until he came back?

I really don't understand you hatred of Giroud, then again I never really understood your dislike of Ljungberg

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Weren't spurs doing really well untiil they lost Kane and then that's why they dropped away until he came back?

I really don't understand you hatred of Giroud, then again I never really understood your dislike of Ljungberg
    I can't recall the specifics but I seem to recall the general belief that they would fall apart in his absence but I think Son stepped up and played really well, turns out he is a very decent player.

I've never liked Giroud. Stupid haircut, stupid beard, mirror loving over dramatic ****.

I can't recall the specifics but I seem to recall the general belief that they would fall apart in his absence but I think Son stepped up and played really well, turns out he is a very decent player.

I've never liked Giroud. Stupid haircut, stupid beard, mirror loving over dramatic ****.
    I know what it is; you think Olivier is keeping Higuain out of the side
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You just described Ljungberg as well. What is it you have against attractive men, SW?

You always seemed to like me.

You just described Ljungberg as well. What is it you have against attractive men, SW?

I feel like Spurs are somewhat too feisty for people to really have a whack at, and they're hoping they will fade of their own accord. They're incredibly fit, are physically very imposing. They have a limitless sense of rectitude, having been done down for many years. Its like coming across an escaped convict. It's like, all right man, do it. Good luck. Just don't punch me with a steak knife before moving along.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I feel like Spurs are somewhat too feisty for people to really have a whack at, and they're hoping they will fade of their own accord. They're incredibly fit, are physically very imposing. They have a limitless sense of rectitude, having been done down for many years. Its like coming across an escaped convict. It's like, all right man, do it. Good luck. Just don't punch me with a steak knife before moving along.
    I would have thought that if a steak knife was your weapon of choice then you would stab a person with it, not punch them.

We need a couple people with personality on our dull team. Giroud is so in love with himself that he forgets to choke. I can't hate that about him.