Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anyone else see this article about the Larsen C iceberg break off ?

Anyone else see this article about the Larsen C iceberg break off ?

Concerning article an all that but I couldn't help noticing one of the experts go into full 'bollox' overdrive when issuing the following statement.

"There hasn't been enough cloud-free Landsat images but we've managed to combine a pair of Esa Sentinel-1 radar images to notice this extension, and it's so close to calving that I think it's inevitable."

Calving ?? Calving ffs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38522954

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Concerning article an all that but I couldn't help noticing one of the experts go into full 'bollox' overdrive when issuing the following statement.

"There hasn't been enough cloud-free Landsat images but we've managed to combine a pair of Esa Sentinel-1 radar images to notice this extension, and it's so close to calving that I think it's inevitable."

Calving ?? Calving ffs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38522954
    Good to see Wales still being used as the standard benchmark of large areas of land, there. Proper order.

Not sure why they felt the need to tell us where Swansea is, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Good to see Wales still being used as the standard benchmark of large areas of land, there. Proper order.

Not sure why they felt the need to tell us where Swansea is, though.
    I quite like Swansea. Not much there really.
    That odd dragon themed hotel but they have a huge beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    An ugly, lovely town, Dylan Thomas called it.

It contains the badly-misnamed 'Salubrious Passage', though.

1485800_de3736c6.jpg

I was in Swansea for New Year (because of Swansea Vs AFCB hospitality - not because it's a nice place). However, I really was pleasantly surprised. Some unique little bars that didn't charge for entry, plenty of live music and good beer to boot. Not much to dislike other than the Welshers.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    An ugly, lovely town, Dylan Thomas called it.

It contains the badly-misnamed 'Salubrious Passage', though.

1485800_de3736c6.jpg

I think I liked it as when I go out of London some areas are a bit like a time warp.

When you arrive at the train station you see those Pacer trains that look like a bus :Cloud9:

I think I liked it as when I go out of London some areas are a bit like a time warp.

When you arrive at the train station you see those Pacer trains that look like a bus :Cloud9:
    Yes. In my experience, Pacer trains belie their names to a quite extraordinary degree. I remember once sitting on one going through Mid-Wales for what felt like days.

Swansea is a ****ing ****house and would benefit hugely from being bulldozed.

Some marginally better places on the outskirts as you go round the coast but everything is relative.