Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I guess if we held any linering hopes that we could still mount a title challenge,

I guess if we held any linering hopes that we could still mount a title challenge,

we'd want Spurs to win tonight

Too early to be giving up, Monty.

11 points if Chelsea win, our next three games are easier than theirs, we pick up 3 points and then beat them at their place and it's 5 points and we're still in it. Have faith man, chin up.

Quitting is what we do after they paste us at Stamford Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I was thinking that the other day. I can't bring myself to do it, though.

I'm actually happy enough for Chelsea to win it this year. Barring Costa and Fabregas, their players are nowhere near as objectionable as they used to be, while their manager actually seems a rather nice sort of a chap, really. In addition, them winning it would have the bonus of making Mourinho look even more of a cünt.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Too early to be giving up, Monty.

11 points if Chelsea win, our next three games are easier than theirs, we pick up 3 points and then beat them at their place and it's 5 points and we're still in it. Have faith man, chin up.

So you want Spurs to win?

It's what we do after being outfought again by a team like Everton to relinquish a lead and lose the game. Same thing next game at City.

So you want Spurs to win?
    Nope, draw would suit me nicely. But in reality any outcome has a positive angle from our perspective.

Oooh I just checked. The match before the game against Chelsea we kick off 15 minutes earlier than them so have extra recovery time.

Chelsea 0-6 Arsenal

Do we not currently hold the record for 14 consecutive wins in the PL?

Don't want Chelsea to win, nor Spurs. A draw would do me fine.

The lingering (or otherwise) of our title hopes rests on us improving massively in the next few weeks despite having just two poorly matched midfielders to choose from. One of whom is Ramsey who is an utterly **** central midfielder if you are looking to keep the ball.

In other words, it isn't going to happen. There are just too many weaknesses, too many small mistakes.

Nope, draw would suit me nicely. But in reality any outcome has a positive angle from our perspective.
    Would it be wrong to hope that they kick lumps out of each other - like last time?

I would be much more concerned with arresting the Chelsea juggernaut* than the metaphorical pain one may suffer from Spurs moving one point ahead of us in the first week of January (which itself is rather meaningless).

*tabloid speak