Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Whilst I have been tidying up my credit file/score* As it's nearly Mortgage time.

Whilst I have been tidying up my credit file/score* As it's nearly Mortgage time.

I know the 'score' is actually bull**** as lenders do not even see this.

But how many credit cards are too many? I have 4 but 2 are empty. I just kept them going after I transferred the balance to my Barclaycard.

you can't win One minute it says you are not using enough credit, Then you apply and it says you utilisation is higher so it goes down. So if you have lots of credit available it's dangerous, if you don't have any available then that's not good either.

anybody know about this ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I know the 'score' is actually bull**** as lenders do not even see this.

But how many credit cards are too many? I have 4 but 2 are empty. I just kept them going after I transferred the balance to my Barclaycard.

you can't win One minute it says you are not using enough credit, Then you apply and it says you utilisation is higher so it goes down. So if you have lots of credit available it's dangerous, if you don't have any available then that's not good either.

anybody know about this ****?
    Yes, they want to see that you have credit, use it and always make payments on time... cancel the 2 nil balance cards as this increases your score.... if you have changed Broadband, utility co's etc in the last 3 months then this will decrease your score.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes, they want to see that you have credit, use it and always make payments on time... cancel the 2 nil balance cards as this increases your score.... if you have changed Broadband, utility co's etc in the last 3 months then this will decrease your score.
    I will shut those down and wait a few months. I just changed electric companies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I will shut those down and wait a few months. I just changed electric companies too.
    any change of credit in the last 3-6 months applying for cards, changing untility etc) counts against you... having debt is good as long as you pay it back. I have a great credit score but have about 5 credit cards just shifting debt at 0% every year or so
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar