Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thing. Would it be too much to ask for Petr Cech to

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And if fatigue was the issue, why did we get so much better after 60 minutes of football?
    Bournmouth got tired. They'd been pressing hard which we can't cope with.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed, well said that man.

We both know jaded and/or fatigue is just manager *******s used as an excuse to deflect attention.
    Come, come! No denying our first half performance was woeful, but to ignore the difference an extra day's rest can have is simply silly. Playing a game two days after the last one simply oughtn't to happen to any team.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Come, come! No denying our first half performance was woeful, but to ignore the difference an extra day's rest can have is simply silly. Playing a game two days after the last one simply oughtn't to happen to any team.
    We plainly did not have energy for the fight in the opening stages. I mean we were completely waxed. It's a good point and to argue otherwise is foolish. Chelsea just has to lose a couple games, go off the boil. They are sh!t-hot right now, as evidenced by their last game. Can't-do-anything-wrong mode.

Completely, simply can't recover fully both mentally and physically. Worth noting that Bournemouth ran an additional 9K to our players (and with 10 men for 15 minutes). We got a goal and Bournemouth got jittery. I believe its now 10 days to a PL match, so plenty of time to recover and get 9 points from next 3 games before the big one at Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Completely, simply can't recover fully both mentally and physically. Worth noting that Bournemouth ran an additional 9K to our players (and with 10 men for 15 minutes). We got a goal and Bournemouth got jittery. I believe its now 10 days to a PL match, so plenty of time to recover and get 9 points from next 3 games before the big one at Chelsea
    Of these six winnables that was always going to be the toughest. Win the next three and that's not a bad haul. We're clearly not good enough to win the title, and when Chelsea win over a dozen games in a row that's a title-winning run and you just have to say well done.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    So the additional days rest is enough to provide a significant advantage but not so much that it would overcome the jitters associated with going from 3-0 up to 3-1 up?

Sorry mate, I'm seeing some serious holes in this theory.

So the additional days rest is enough to provide a significant advantage but not so much that it would overcome the jitters associated with going from 3-0 up to 3-1 up?

As their energy levels dropped to somewhere nearer ours, the superiority of our players and squad started to make a difference and we were able to get back into the game.

So the question that was raised was that if the additional day's rest put us at a disadvantage, why did we improve significantly after 60 minutes of football? If anything, I would expect that we should have started more strongly and then faded as the game went on.

Alongside the fact we have better players and as Ash says, they'd been pressing (and covering a considerable additional distance) for the whole game

I don't really see how it's that hard to fathom that an additional 24 hrs rest, especially over a congested period of football, must be of considerable benefit.

So the question that was raised was that if the additional day's rest put us at a disadvantage, why did we improve significantly after 60 minutes of football? If anything, I would expect that we should have started more strongly and then faded as the game went on.
    This is really quite simple. They had more energy at the start of the game and came at us hard, covering more ground and reaping the rewards. However, as they inevitably tired to match our level of f*ckedness, the superiority of our players and depth of our squad told and we got back into the game.