Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thing. Would it be too much to ask for Petr Cech to

Another thing. Would it be too much to ask for Petr Cech to

save a F*CKING penalty, like, ever?

Has he actually saved one for us since joining? We concede about one in every two games...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Has he actually saved one for us since joining? We concede about one in every two games...
    He's not saved any of his last 13 (and not even looked like saving one). They showed Wilson's heat map of his previous pens and it was pretty bloody obvious he was going to go down the middle

Watched Goals on Sunday the other week and Chris Kirkland said that he felt he had to dive otherwise everyone would say he didn't even try to save it, wonder if players realise this now as sure more pens are being placed in the middle than they ever were

Drop him imo. Beaten twice at his near post. Who does he think he his, Manuel Almunia? Give the Columbian a go.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He's not saved any of his last 13 (and not even looked like saving one). They showed Wilson's heat map of his previous pens and it was pretty bloody obvious he was going to go down the middle

Watched Goals on Sunday the other week and Chris Kirkland said that he felt he had to dive otherwise everyone would say he didn't even try to save it, wonder if players realise this now as sure more pens are being placed in the middle than they ever were
    I think a lot of players tend to watch the keeper go one way or another and then just hit it slightly to the left/right depending on the way they're diving. One assumes that if the keeper stands still, they have a corner in mind to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think a lot of players tend to watch the keeper go one way or another and then just hit it slightly to the left/right depending on the way they're diving. One assumes that if the keeper stands still, they have a corner in mind to hit it.
    I think most players have made their mind up what they're doing before they hit it. Baines certainly does, probably why he's rather good at it

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think most players have made their mind up what they're doing before they hit it. Baines certainly does, probably why he's rather good at it
    Le Tissier said he would visualise where it was going to go before taking it, and then put it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Le Tissier said he would visualise where it was going to go before taking it, and then put it there.
    I mean in the modern game. You see so many penalties scored these days where the ball goes left/right centre and the keeper dives full length the other way. If you're good it at and well practiced enough, you can be sure that you'll score virtually all of your penalties.

I think the key to being a great penalty-taker is having limited intelligence and no imagination or spontaneity. This is why James Milner is a very good penalty taker.

I read he hasn't saved one for 6 years. But I wasn't paying attention.

I am not so sure of the rebounds he gives away too.

I visualise being loaded but yet to happen. I will just put it there.