Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know the mummerings are that Wenger will sign a new two year deal. But if he does

I know the mummerings are that Wenger will sign a new two year deal. But if he does

decide to go at the end of the season, would Eddie Howe appease the fans? He's certainly the bookies favourite for it.

If we can get him (and it's a very big IF based on the fact he got incredibly homesick at Burnley) then I think he could be fantastic. He's eloquent, he demands football be played the 'Arsenal way', he is ruthless with players that speak out against him. My one concern is that he's never managed a 'big' player like Alexis, though I don't think he'll be with us next season. Not sure Wilshere counts as a 'big' player.

If not Eddie, then who? I'd want Simeone and he can bring his mate Antoinne with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    decide to go at the end of the season, would Eddie Howe appease the fans? He's certainly the bookies favourite for it.

If we can get him (and it's a very big IF based on the fact he got incredibly homesick at Burnley) then I think he could be fantastic. He's eloquent, he demands football be played the 'Arsenal way', he is ruthless with players that speak out against him. My one concern is that he's never managed a 'big' player like Alexis, though I don't think he'll be with us next season. Not sure Wilshere counts as a 'big' player.

If not Eddie, then who? I'd want Simeone and he can bring his mate Antoinne with him.
    Mummerings? Is it 'abuse a late medieval/early modern English word day' today or what? A 'mummer' is an archaic term for an actor or player. You mean 'murmurings'.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-04-2017 at 10:46 AM.

What are his qualifications? I'd be rather underwhelmed if we came in.
    I don't know who the solution is either.

However Wenger will be here forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mummerings? Is it 'abuse a late medieval/early modern English word day today or what? A 'mummer' is an archaic term for an actor or player. You mean 'murmurings'.
    Is it jump on petty typos day man!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What are his qualifications? I'd be rather underwhelmed if we came in.
    I don't know who the solution is either.

However Wenger will be here forever.
    Well the team that he won The Championship with was made up, two or three players aside, with players that he picked up in Leauge One.

Still three of the back four last night played in League One. As did Harry Arter, Andrew Surman and Dan Gosling.

I think he wants to take AFCB into Europe so may say no this season anyway.

If you think simian Simeone has even the remotest chance of passing muster with our board then you have followed Arsenal for even less time than you admit. The man is effectively a savage Rich and would want to park a flotilla of caravans on the Emirates concourse for his enormous and rather smelly extended family.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Is it jump on petty typos day man!
    Nothing petty about sharing knowledge, h. If I hadn't corrected your spelling of gib, you might have gone to your grave not knowing the origin of that saying and embarrassing yourself in written correspondence. I have in fact done you a service.

If you think simian Simeone has even the remotest chance of passing muster with our board then you have followed Arsenal for even less time than you admit. The man is effectively a savage Rich and would want to park a flotilla of caravans on the Emirates concourse for his enormous and rather smelly extended family.
    I've always thought Simeone looks a bit like Ron Perlman in 'The Name of the Rose'.

2634-3.jpg
    Last edited by Burney; 01-04-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've always thought Simeone looks a bit like Ron Perlman in 'Name of the Rose'.

2634-3.jpg

What of Joachim Low? I like the scarves he wears.

It'll be some nonce from Nippon again, won't it?