Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know the mummerings are that Wenger will sign a new two year deal. But if he does

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    decide to go at the end of the season, would Eddie Howe appease the fans? He's certainly the bookies favourite for it.

If we can get him (and it's a very big IF based on the fact he got incredibly homesick at Burnley) then I think he could be fantastic. He's eloquent, he demands football be played the 'Arsenal way', he is ruthless with players that speak out against him. My one concern is that he's never managed a 'big' player like Alexis, though I don't think he'll be with us next season. Not sure Wilshere counts as a 'big' player.

If not Eddie, then who? I'd want Simeone and he can bring his mate Antoinne with him.
    In a word, no.

I'd have Tuchel, Allegri, and Simeone at the top of the list.

I agree. We are supposed to be a big club. therefore big manager imo.
    Top Drawer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I agree. We are supposed to be a big club. therefore big manager imo.
    Top Drawer etc.
    Yes but Arsenal don't work like other clubs. We'll get the man that fits the philosophy of the club over the man with the big reputation. It is for this reason I think it might be Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes but Arsenal don't work like other clubs. We'll get the man that fits the philosophy of the club over the man with the big reputation. It is for this reason I think it might be Eddie.
    We haven't appointed a manager in 20 odds year so nobody knows what they're going to do. "philosophy of the club"