Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best thing you drank over the holidays AWMIB?

What's the best thing you drank over the holidays AWMIB?

Overall, my holiday red wine experience contained too many disappointing bottles, so I'm going to have to go with the old standby.

Bottle of Bolly on Christmas Eve. Quite exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Overall, my holiday red wine experience contained too many disappointing bottles, so I'm going to have to go with the old standby.

The '85 Pommard was rather good. Other than that I kept it simple, really. Ordinary clarets and quite a lot of brandy.

Boom.

An Irish "craft beer", indeed a Session IPA which means you can more or less drink if from the moment you get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Boom.

An Irish "craft beer", indeed a Session IPA which means you can more or less drink if from the moment you get up in the morning.
    So a bit like shandy then, except that as an IPA it tastes of herbal disinfectant.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I had a 1998 Brane-Cantenac all to myself.

I basically spent the evening rolling it around my mouth and saying 'Mmmmm' appreciatively - much like your mum at a bukkake party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So a bit like shandy then, except that as an IPA it tastes of herbal disinfectant.
    Apparently ....

"Boom, Our Session IPA is golden in colour with tropical fruits and light caramel on the nose. The palate continues the tropical fruit them with flavours of Lychee, Mango and Kiwi from our blend of American hops balanced by the delicate yet complex malt bill. The finish is smooth and dry with the tropical aromas continuing to shine.

Available in 12 x 500ml Bottle / 30l Keg / 20l Cask – ABV 4.5%"

Can't really vouch for any of the above references.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Craft beers have basically ruined IPA with their absurd over-flavouring. I've pïssed more drinkable fluids than most modern so-called IPAs.

Boom.

We're talking about the anniversary of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, sw. Beer isn't really a celebratory drink, is it? You don't see lads who've just won a Grand Prix waving a pint of bitter around, do you? You can drink beer any time, any day.

Indeed, did Jesus Christ himself turn water into beer? No, sw, he did not. He turned water into a very drinkable Chateau Musar, if we are to believe the evangalist.

Apparently ....

"Boom, Our Session IPA is golden in colour with tropical fruits and light caramel on the nose. The palate continues the tropical fruit them with flavours of Lychee, Mango and Kiwi from our blend of American hops balanced by the delicate yet complex malt bill. The finish is smooth and dry with the tropical aromas continuing to shine.

Available in 12 x 500ml Bottle / 30l Keg / 20l Cask – ABV 4.5%"

Can't really vouch for any of the above references.
    Lychee, mango and kiwi. American Hops. Fück. Right. Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We're talking about the anniversary of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, sw. Beer isn't really a celebratory drink, is it? You don't see lads who've just won a Grand Prix waving a pint of bitter around, do you? You can drink beer any time, any day.

Indeed, did Jesus Christ himself turn water into beer? No, sw, he did not. He turned water into a very drinkable Chateau Musar, if we are to believe the evangalist.
    I also had various red wines, champagne, proseccos, gin, aperol, cider and other types of beer including English, Welsh and Belgian.

One of the Welsh was disgusting, ****ed it down the sink.