Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other than the sheer novelty value, anyone else find themselves largely unmoved by

Other than the sheer novelty value, anyone else find themselves largely unmoved by

Giroud’s goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Giroud’s goal?
    Well it was a delicious move and one must applaud the athleticism of the improvised finish, but the whole feel of the thing was ruined for me because of the cross being so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well it was a delicious move and one must applaud the athleticism of the improvised finish, but the whole feel of the thing was ruined for me because of the cross being so poor.
    Also, the aesthetic of the finish was destroyed because it went in off the crossbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Also, the aesthetic of the finish was destroyed because it went in off the crossbar.
    You think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK2aU9m4nW8

Yes. Unless the ball flies into some part of the net unobstructed, it's not a great goal. FACT.

Giroud’s goal?
    In many ways I preferred Aguero's goal yesterday. Tight angle with two blokes on the line. Booom!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Unless the ball flies into some part of the net unobstructed, it's not a great goal. FACT.
    Disagree completely, almost always improved by going in off the bar/post. Honourable exception being Trevor Brooking's England goal getting stuck in the stanchion

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Disagree completely, almost always improved by going in off the bar/post. Honourable exception being Trevor Brooking's England goal getting stuck in the stanchion
    I like shots that go in off the crossbar, but not so much when they go in off the post
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I like shots that go in off the crossbar, but not so much when they go in off the post
    No. If it strikes woodwork, it is by its nature nearly a miss, therefore to some extent lucky and thus aesthetically imperfect.

It was a good goal but the reaction has been extreme. Bang average professional footballer scores good goal, there is your headline.

A shockingly poor match overall, Palace being possibly the worst side I have had the misfortune to sit down and watch this season.

Gentle doff of the cap to Xhaka for a subtlety sublime performance again.

And what the **** is that?!?