Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how was everyone's Christmas dinner then? Mine was quite superb, if I do say so

So how was everyone's Christmas dinner then? Mine was quite superb, if I do say so

The turkey breast was moist and wonderfully tender, the braised turkey leg was unctuous and utterly sublime, the roasted vegetables perfectly done, the fried bread stuffing was both rich, fruity and slightly crunchy and the turkey gravy was quite historic. The creamed sprouts, chipolata and cranberry sauce completed the meal.

It was yummy, and further proof that those people who don't like turkey, don't know how to cook it.

CHRISTMAS FACT

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The turkey breast was moist and wonderfully tender, the braised turkey leg was unctuous and utterly sublime, the roasted vegetables perfectly done, the fried bread stuffing was both rich, fruity and slightly crunchy and the turkey gravy was quite historic. The creamed sprouts, chipolata and cranberry sauce completed the meal.

It was yummy, and further proof that those people who don't like turkey, don't know how to cook it.

CHRISTMAS FACT
    I'm sure your turkey was very nice. Sometimes completely unchallenging blandness is just what one needs. I congratulate you on your success with the bird.

Next time, if you fancy tasting something, try a goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm sure your turkey was very nice. Sometimes completely unchallenging blandness is just what one needs. I congratulate you on your success with the bird.

Next time, if you fancy tasting something, try a goose.
    I've done goose before. Confit'd the legs and used the carcass and innards for a gravy. Both were utterly delicious.

The problem - as with duck - is the breast. It's just unpleasant no matter how you cook it.

And no man - and I mean no man - could taste my braised turkey legs and claim they were bland. They were superb.

Was pretty lazy so popped down to my local Lebanese restaurant....a nice bunch...even got the belly dancers out...they don't sell alcohol (something about their religion) but they were more than happy for me to bring to a bottle of Krug.

I guess it's like a normal day for them innit...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Was pretty lazy so popped down to my local Lebanese restaurant....a nice bunch...even got the belly dancers out...they don't sell alcohol (something about their religion) but they were more than happy for me to bring to a bottle of Krug.

I guess it's like a normal day for them innit...
    Did you have Shawarma, t? I'd have loved Shawarma for Christmas dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And no man - and I mean no man - could taste my braised turkey legs and claim they were bland. They were superb.
    Easy WES. Charlie is the undisputed éminence-gris of cuisine on AWIMB but I think you have him a little rattled. Try telling him his omelette technique is flawed and he'll postitively fire a tirade of rich anglo-french bric-bats your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Easy WES. Charlie is the undisputed éminence-gris of cuisine on AWIMB but I think you have him a little rattled. Try telling him his omelette technique is flawed and he'll postitively fire a tirade of rich anglo-french bric-bats your way.
    If I served you an omelette correctly baveuse, you'd shít yourself and ask for it to be cooked.

nice bit of beef. lovely.

I would have loved a bit of shawarma too tbh.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    nice bit of beef. lovely.

I would have loved a bit of shawarma too tbh.
    A good rib of beef is definitely the way to go for Christmas if you ask me. It's delicious, everyone likes it, you can have Yorkshire puddings with it and it isn't fücking turkey - all the things you need. It seems genuinely bizarre on the biggest feast day of the year to choose to eat something that isn't as nice as roast beef just because it's sort of traditional. Fück that imo. Next year I'm having beef - and all the years after that.
    I'll buy a Bernard Matthews frozen turkey crown for anyone who insists on turkey. It's all the fückers deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A good rib of beef is definitely the way to go for Christmas if you ask me. It's delicious, everyone likes it, you can have Yorkshire puddings with it and it isn't fücking turkey - all the things you need. It seems genuinely bizarre on the biggest feast day of the year to choose to eat something that isn't as nice as roast beef just because it's sort of traditional. Fück that imo. Next year I'm having beef - and all the years after that.
    I'll buy a Bernard Matthews frozen turkey crown for anyone who insists on turkey. It's all the fückers deserve.
    I did a rib of beef on christmas day. I overcooked it. Just a little, but enough to sadden me severely.