Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Bloody hell. Jamie Rednapp making sense. Souness saying Olly's goal was pure luck

Bloody hell. Jamie Rednapp making sense. Souness saying Olly's goal was pure luck

but JR saying many great goals are like that. When a striker rifles it in to the top corner, he's not aiming exactly for the top corner, he's just trying to hammer it roughly in that direction. It's basically luck whether it goes in, hits the bar or just goes a bit lower and is tipped over by the keeper.

Bit of a shock to hear him talking sense. He also likes Olly, as I do, which is unusual in the English media. Most love to slag him off as a way of getting at AW for not having bought a top drawer striker.

As JR says, having Alexis as the main striker with Olly as the no.2 who can play as cover and come off the bench to get us the winner is probably the best solutions we could have hoped for.

Anyway, great start to the new year.

Indeedy, like a golfer getting a hole in one basically
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Indeedy, like a golfer getting a hole in one basically
    Perfect analogy.

Olly humbly said he was lucky in the post-match interview and Souness uses this to slag him off. But as you say, it's no different to a hole in one. The golfer is trying to do it, but doesn't know exactly where on the green it will land nor the exact slopes on the green. So of course there's a large element of luck.

But fair play to JR for making that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    but JR saying many great goals are like that. When a striker rifles it in to the top corner, he's not aiming exactly for the top corner, he's just trying to hammer it roughly in that direction. It's basically luck whether it goes in, hits the bar or just goes a bit lower and is tipped over by the keeper.

Bit of a shock to hear him talking sense. He also likes Olly, as I do, which is unusual in the English media. Most love to slag him off as a way of getting at AW for not having bought a top drawer striker.

As JR says, having Alexis as the main striker with Olly as the no.2 who can play as cover and come off the bench to get us the winner is probably the best solutions we could have hoped for.

Anyway, great start to the new year.

Jamie Redknapp........

Don't you mean Jamie Carragher?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Jamie Redknapp........

Sounds like Ganpati had a Scooby wtf 'the' Jamie said so on the balance of probabilities it may not have been Carragher #gutteralphlegminfestedincoherentnonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Jamie Redknapp........

Not sure. He sounded really scouse, he was called Jamie by the others and he was sitting on the left with Souness in the middle and the telly bod on the right if that helps.

I don't have Sky, I was just watching a stream, and I only ever watch Arsenal and the stream often finishes before the post-match stuff so I've hardly ever seen it before.

{This also means that on the few occasions I watched us live vs LFC or watched streams of our games against them, I can't tell what they look like. So I've honestly no idea if it was Rednapp or Caragher. Which one normally talks with Souness?}

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gooner View Post
    Sounds like Ganpati had a Scooby wtf 'the' Jamie said so on the balance of probabilities it may not have been Carragher #gutteralphlegminfestedincoherentnonsense
    As I say above, I don't know which scouse Jamie's which. He was scouse, called Jamie and sitting next to Souness if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    As I say above, I don't know which scouse Jamie's which. He was scouse, called Jamie and sitting next to Souness if that helps.
    Jamie Redknapp is from Hampshire, not a scouser.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Jamie Redknapp is from Hampshire, not a scouser.
    Cheers. This must have been Carragher then, cos he was as scouse as a nicked hub-cap.