Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Every. Fücking. Time.

Every. Fücking. Time.

Do they draw straws over who gets to write this article every time there's a terrorist atrocity or is it just a question of whose turn it is?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...t-farage-right

if ever there was a journalistic office that actually deserves a Charlie Hebdo like attack . . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It's not articles like this in isolation that are the issue, the message from the sexually confused Jones boy is a good one, but one we've heard endless times.

The issue is that the continually unstated fact is that what the Islamic terrorists really fear is the Muslim world rising up against them and rejecting them completely and utterly. Thousands, nay millions, of Muslims around the world filling the streets and openly condemning these animals, imams around the world uniting to use the Koran to condemn these people and their actions as being contrary to Islam, Muslim communities in every country in the world proactively engaging with the authorities to root out the people who create an environment which leads to the radicalisation of Muslims etc etc etc

It's this message which is missing, and it's missing because the Joneses of the world are worried that these things aren't actually possible because Muslim communities around the world don't want them to be.

And then where would Owen and people of his ilk be?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do they draw straws over who gets to write this article every time there's a terrorist atrocity or is it just a question of whose turn it is?

Jones really is a contemptible, spineless little weasel. Or, to put it another way, a lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It's not articles like this in isolation that are the issue, the message from the sexually confused Jones boy is a good one, but one we've heard endless times.

The issue is that the continually unstated fact is that what the Islamic terrorists really fear is the Muslim world rising up against them and rejecting them completely and utterly. Thousands, nay millions, of Muslims around the world filling the streets and openly condemning these animals, imams around the world uniting to use the Koran to condemn these people and their actions as being contrary to Islam, Muslim communities in every country in the world proactively engaging with the authorities to root out the people who create an environment which leads to the radicalisation of Muslims etc etc etc

It's this message which is missing, and it's missing because the Joneses of the world are worried that these things aren't actually possible because Muslim communities around the world don't want them to be.

And then where would Owen and people of his ilk be?
    The message is trite and - as you point out - wholly disingenuous. It also draws a wholly false equivalence between the actual physical threat of Islamic murderers and the perceived ideological threat of the rise of 'far right' (i.e. not centre left) political movements. It suggests in effect that anyone who dares not to adhere to the left-wing liberal consensus is effectively helping Islamic terrorists. That is arrant nonsense designed with one purpose and one purpose alone: to silence dissent.

Jones is and always has been a filthy little cünt.

The message is trite and - as you point out - wholly disingenuous. It also draws a wholly false equivalence between the actual physical threat of Islamic murderers and the perceived ideological threat of the rise of 'far right' (i.e. not centre left) political movements. It suggests in effect that anyone who dares not to adhere to the left-wing liberal consensus is effectively helping Islamic terrorists. That is arrant nonsense designed with one purpose and one purpose alone: to silence dissent.

Jones is and always has been a filthy little cünt.
    And I would argue that, as an extension, anyone who dares not adhere to the anti-Russian consensus is similarly intimidated into silence. You wouldn't know, from most coverage of Aleppo here, that there were tens of thousands of armed Islamists in the conflict wishing to cut heads off infidels. Only civilians and Russian bombs, apparently, and anyone challenging that view is a 'Putinist'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And I would argue that, as an extension, anyone who dares not adhere to the anti-Russian consensus is similarly intimidated into silence. You wouldn't know, from most coverage of Aleppo here, that there were tens of thousands of armed Islamists in the conflict wishing to cut heads off infidels. Only civilians and Russian bombs, apparently, and anyone challenging that view is a 'Putinist'.
    I'm well aware that media bias is at work from both sides. And pointing that out doesn't make anyone a Putinist. What makes someone a Putinist is the pretence that Russia's actions in Syria are any less shabby, amoral and self-serving than anyone else's.

The boy Jones was taking such a kicking, they've closed the comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The boy Jones was taking such a kicking, they've closed the comments
    I genuinely have no idea how these people can keep distracting, obfuscating and bloviating like this when the bodies are still warm and not realise why so many people hate them as much as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not our circus, not our monkeys, innit. Which gives everyone the right to talk even more nonsense on the topic than usual.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."