Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So German police are saying they have 500 leads on this terrorist chap.

So German police are saying they have 500 leads on this terrorist chap.

Which, of course, is pretty much the same as saying they have none.

Remember back when the German authorities were noted for ruthless efficiency? Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Remember back when the German authorities were noted for ruthless efficiency? Those were the days.
    A terrorist, on the run in Germany? You might say he's a most wanted man. #getin #haveit

Got to feel for poor Naveed B who got chased from the market where he was enjoying his evening. The Gestapo then unleashed the most vicious of their hounds on him. One supposes that he'd have taken an almighty kicking in the prison van, only for the feds to realise that he had nothing to do with it.

Spare a thought for Naveed imo. Obviously the actual perpetrator will be most of the way back to Turkey by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Got to feel for poor Naveed B who got chased from the market where he was enjoying his evening. The Gestapo then unleashed the most vicious of their hounds on him. One supposes that he'd have taken an almighty kicking in the prison van, only for the feds to realise that he had nothing to do with it.

Spare a thought for Naveed imo. Obviously the actual perpetrator will be most of the way back to Turkey by now.
    The krauts are such pansies these days that I doubt anyone raised a hand to him. He was probably treated with exemplary courtesy and supplied with halal food for the duration of his stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A terrorist, on the run in Germany? You might say he's a most wanted man. #getin #haveit
    Ah, indeed yes. Have you seen 'Our kind of traitor'? It's rather good in spite of Ewan McGregor wandering around looking confused throughout.

Ah, indeed yes. Have you seen 'Our kind of traitor'? It's rather good in spite of Ewan McGregor wandering around looking confused throughout.
    I'd forgotten about that. I shall order the DVD.

I'd forgotten about that. I shall order the DVD.
    'Order the DVD' Why not just order a Laser Disc or a VHS while you're at it?

Get with the times, grandad. It's all streaming and instant gratification these days.

Get with the times, grandad. It's all streaming and instant gratification these days.
    Streaming is a bit **** imo. And DVD is a laser disk.

Useful advice, thanks man.

Useful advice, thanks man.
    I must admit I don't miss DVDs one little bit. Like CDs, they lacked gravitas.