Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So German police are saying they have 500 leads on this terrorist chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I must admit I don't miss DVDs one little bit. Like CDs, they lacked gravitas.
    Yes, and I suppose stealing the artists' work via a series of 1s and 0s doesn't?

I think you're confusing gravitas with cheapness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, and I suppose stealing the artists' work via a series of 1s and 0s doesn't?

I think you're confusing gravitas with cheapness.
    No, I mean that, unlike other portable forms like books or records, the objects themselves have no aesthetic value. If disposable, non-plastic art can't have that, I much prefer it to have no physical form whatsoever and exist purely digitally.

No, I mean that, unlike other portable forms like books or records, the objects themselves have no aesthetic value. If disposable, non-plastic art can't have that, I much prefer it to have no physical form whatsoever and exist purely digitally.
    You're just smug because you don't have to pay for it.

That's ok. You needn't feel ashamed and make up absurb babble to excuse your parsimony. The greatest love of all, b, as the poet tells us, is easy to achieve.

You're just smug because you don't have to pay for it.

That's ok. You needn't feel ashamed and make up absurb babble to excuse your parsimony. The greatest love of all, b, as the poet tells us, is easy to achieve.
    Oh if I didn't have my magical box, I'd still prefer the likes of Netflix or legal downloading to the business of buying DVDs. Don't you find them annoying? Does having a physical copy of a film you watched two years ago, didn't much like and will almost certainly never watch again hanging around in a grimly utilitarian little jewel case cluttering up your house never irritate you?

Oh if I didn't have my magical box, I'd still prefer the likes of Netflix or legal downloading to the business of buying DVDs. Don't you find them annoying? Does having a physical copy of a film you watched two years ago, didn't much like and will almost certainly never watch again hanging around in a grimly utilitarian little jewel case cluttering up your house never irritate you?
    You know, amongst all the things in life I have to plutz about, the existence of DVDs isn't making an impression, no.

You know, amongst all the things in life I have to plutz about, the existence of DVDs isn't making an impression, no.
    Ah, well in that case I shall cease my musings on aesthetics and be about my business. Good day.

Apparently they had to let the original bloke go as he had an allah-bi :gets coat:
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Apparently they had to let the original bloke go as he had an allah-bi :gets coat:
    Good effort, Beano.