Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the same paragraph, Arseblog has said City's equaliser was offside but that our

In the same paragraph, Arseblog has said City's equaliser was offside but that our

defenders "didn't react quick enough to Sane's run".

Apart from playing him offside, presumably

Thick c*nt

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Thick c*nt
    Anyone who watched that second half capitulation and cares one sh1t about the offside decisions is missing the point.

No one more so than Wenger.

Thick c*nt
    He's the Irish bloke, right? I enjoy his podcast occasionally but he does sometimes say silly things.

I believe someone said he used to post here.

Thick c*nt
    Also, I expect he meant that had they reacted more quickly they could have more clearly played him offside. Which is not an unreasonable point given how close that decision was. It was so close I don't think we can have any complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Also, I expect he meant that had they reacted more quickly they could have more clearly played him offside. Which is not an unreasonable point given how close that decision was. It was so close I don't think we can have any complaint.
    There is perhaps an argument for that, but it an unlucky ricochet to Silva that caught us out and left very, very little time for any of our defenders to reach. It wasn't a natural scenerio n which you'd expect all your defenders to step out in unison.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought the complaint regarding the second was a lot less valid than the first.

But of course your point from earlier - "Anyone who watched that second half capitulation and cares one sh1t about the offside decisions is missing the point" - is entirely valid.

There is perhaps an argument for that, but it an unlucky ricochet to Silva that caught us out and left very, very little time for any of our defenders to reach. It wasn't a natural scenerio n which you'd expect all your defenders to step out in unison.
    Oh I don't think we can particularly criticise the defenders for that goal. I just think that focusing on the offside decisions when you're outplayed that badly is an exercise in missing the point by a mile or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thought the complaint regarding the second was a lot less valid than the first.
    I'd have thought that the complaint regarding the second was more valid than the first. The first was marginal and you can't expect the linos to always get them right. For the second, Silva is in front of the goalie waving his leg at the ball. He has to be interfering with play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'd have thought that the complaint regarding the second was more valid than the first. The first was marginal and you can't expect the linos to always get them right. For the second, Silva is in front of the goalie waving his leg at the ball. He has to be interfering with play.
    A wonderful game which brings forth different opinions.

I don’t think Silva’s presence in any way affected Cech’s inability to stop the shot given it was low to his left and Silva was moving in from his right, and indeed at a very late stage in the developing move.

There is indeed too much ambiguity surrounding a player interfering, or not, with play and as such I am more than willing to accept this.

In summary this goal was really poor by Cech and our scrambling around for excuses and blame to apportion simply reflects poorly on us.

Wenger out!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A wonderful game which brings forth different opinions.

I don’t think Silva’s presence in any way affected Cech’s inability to stop the shot given it was low to his left and Silva was moving in from his right, and indeed at a very late stage in the developing move.

There is indeed too much ambiguity surrounding a player interfering, or not, with play and as such I am more than willing to accept this.

In summary this goal was really poor by Cech and our scrambling around for excuses and blame to apportion simply reflects poorly on us.

Wenger out!
    Discussing the interpretation of the laws of the game does not necessarily equate to making excuses. That would reflect poorly on our logic to assume such a connection.