Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Thoughts on yesterday?

Thoughts on yesterday?

Had a bet on us +2 goals so had to sweat the last 15 minutes with us trying to push but it wasn't too bad considering all of the fouls we gave away in the last 5 minutes which killed any momentum.

Don't think it was a game of two halves for us...more like a game of two halves for them. We played the same way for 90 minutes but they were awful in the 1st half but really upped the tempo in the 2nd half.

I don't think we all that good in the 1st half.

Silly equaliser to give away...Leroy Sane running through our back four but I'm sure they would feel the same way about our opener.

By the way...that goal from Leroy...remind you of anyone? Thought I was watching Henry with an afro the way he turned, found his feet and fired his shot his away.

He was marginally offside but it was so minimal a margin that you got to cut the linesman some slack.

Him in more central position caused us a lot of problems. Could've done with Mustafi and his high interceptions ratio.

The Sterling winner was inexcusable...low near post drive from a tight angle...Cech should've been tipping that round for a corner.

Not approaching the 2nd half correctly really cost us and the way we kept giving the ball away and them cutting through us was very disappointing. I wouldn't have expected that with Xhaka and Coquelin in the middle guarding the back four.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Had a bet on us +2 goals so had to sweat the last 15 minutes with us trying to push but it wasn't too bad considering all of the fouls we gave away in the last 5 minutes which killed any momentum.

Don't think it was a game of two halves for us...more like a game of two halves for them. We played the same way for 90 minutes but they were awful in the 1st half but really upped the tempo in the 2nd half.

I don't think we all that good in the 1st half.

Silly equaliser to give away...Leroy Sane running through our back four but I'm sure they would feel the same way about our opener.

By the way...that goal from Leroy...remind you of anyone? Thought I was watching Henry with an afro the way he turned, found his feet and fired his shot his away.

He was marginally offside but it was so minimal a margin that you got to cut the linesman some slack.

Him in more central position caused us a lot of problems. Could've done with Mustafi and his high interceptions ratio.

The Sterling winner was inexcusable...low near post drive from a tight angle...Cech should've been tipping that round for a corner.

Not approaching the 2nd half correctly really cost us and the way we kept giving the ball away and them cutting through us was very disappointing. I wouldn't have expected that with Xhaka and Coquelin in the middle guarding the back four.
    Having watched us at Everton in the week, I was absolutely certain that the result yesterday would not be in our favour. As kick off approached, I was so convinced that I was about to spend a miserable 105 minutes watching us labour to achieve nothing that I switched off the TV and listened to Bruce reading his autobiography.

It was rather a pleasant afternoon.

I returned from a west end shopping trip awash with goodies and thrilled to hear that Theo had us 1-0 up. I settled down with a large G&T looking forward to a wonderful second half and a thrilling Arsenal victory.

20 min later I had opened up a bottle of Bolly in sadness as I watched an utterly inept and spineless team throwing away a winning position. Lord knows how much I had to drink after that.