Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do we stand on Granit Xhaka?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Santi is not available.
    Ah, when you said "in the club", I assumed that included the wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ah, when you said "in the club", I assumed that included the wounded.
    The wounded are an irrelevance to me.

See also youths, reserves, promising starlets and loanees.

I was reading a piece in yesterday’s Observer, a mid-season report if you will, written by various ‘high profile’ fans of the respective PL clubs. Ours stated that the jury was still very much out on the Swiss Albanian, perhaps even using the word “liability”.

On a personal level I think he is magnificent and head and shoulders the best available midfield option at the club, his presence on the pitch bringing an assured level of passing and possession which is lacking in his absence.

What says ye?

P.s. In respect of yesterday sadly predictable in the face of quality opposition, albeit very weakened quality opposition. We are great against the small teams mind you.

Wenger out.
    We could probably get away with shoving him in at central defence while Shakira is off nursing her injury. He'd at least put a bit of fear into the opposition forwards.

I was reading a piece in yesterday’s Observer, a mid-season report if you will, written by various ‘high profile’ fans of the respective PL clubs. Ours stated that the jury was still very much out on the Swiss Albanian, perhaps even using the word “liability”.

On a personal level I think he is magnificent and head and shoulders the best available midfield option at the club, his presence on the pitch bringing an assured level of passing and possession which is lacking in his absence.

What says ye?

P.s. In respect of yesterday sadly predictable in the face of quality opposition, albeit very weakened quality opposition. We are great against the small teams mind you.

Wenger out.
    On the evidence so far, there's more chance of him standing on you. Right in front of the c*nting referee.

First time I saw Santi & Xhaka in the midfield I thought - JACKPOT

Been a long time since we had a world class combination in front of the back 4 and I'm pretty sure it's why we started to see Ozil become more of a goalscorer ie no need for him to drop so deep to drive our play.

Shame Santi got injured.

Like Xhaka a lot...can be a future Arsenal captain but clearly has bits and pieces of his game he needs to improve upon but guess that's partly why Arsene signed him I.e. Future improvement and value.

Perez would be awesome in a 4-4-2....same as Wellbeck.