Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pep talking about balls and organisation (on the pitch) in English football reminded

Pep talking about balls and organisation (on the pitch) in English football reminded

me of Flashman, I think, describing British cavalry; essentially other countries' horse soldiers may be more studied, organised and disciplined but in a melee, the British are the best in the world.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    me of Flashman, I think, describing British cavalry; essentially other countries' horse soldiers may be more studied, organised and disciplined but in a melee, the British are the best in the world.
    What's this about him telling his team not to tackle? Don't they like it up 'em etc?

Pluck, you see. Guts. British spunk, if you will.

Spúnk, in case it's censored.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What's this about him telling his team not to tackle? Don't they like it up 'em etc?
    He said they don't train it, which was probably a wise thing to say, under the circumstances. Anyway, it's probably not necessary if you're in charge at Barcelona; the officials do most of the ball-winning for you there, I think.

Remember Ronaldo saying that he preferred Spanish football because even the smaller teams tried to get the ball down and actually play football. Which I suppose is terrific if you happen to play for Real Madrid
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Pluck, you see. Guts. British spunk, if you will.

Spúnk, in case it's censored.
    I think that's practically word for word how Wenger also described the phenomenon.

If we don't beat City this weekend we may as well just pack the whole thing in and accept our lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    If we don't beat City this weekend we may as well just pack the whole thing in and accept our lot.
    We'll have to try and win the European Cup instead.

Two teams of fanny-dancers and fairies, top players out; difficult to call, imo. Though I think our lot is what it is whether we beat them or not (top four).

I do want Guardiola to fail though.

Two teams of fanny-dancers and fairies, top players out; difficult to call, imo. Though I think our lot is what it is whether we beat them or not (top four).

I do want Guardiola to fail though.
    I like Pep. There, I have said it.

I like Pep. There, I have said it.
    Oh, I like him too. Even moreso now he's in the Premier League. I just want him to fail. Specifically to fail to win the league playing "his" way.