Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling a trifle sketchy this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I like that.
    I am curious to see how this American party I am going to will be.

they are so optimistic. I've been talking to my colleagues over there and me being my sarcastic grumpy Jack Deeesque type character, they are just so positive about everything. Everything is awesome or will be amazing. Though my old boss though I am still with the company somehow gave me the most amazing over the top reference.
    The constant use of the term 'awesome' to mean 'Fine' in the US is extremely irritating. I lost track of the number of waiters who would interrupt one's meal in order to enquire if everything was 'good'. When one mumbled 'Fine, thanks' through a mouthful of food they would invariably respond 'Awesome!' as though you had paid them the greatest possible compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think the last time I vomited due to drink was brandy-related. It was about 7 or 8 years ago - again after a Christmas bash (The Ritz, I think). The brandy and port stage of proceedings had gone on a very long time and I ended up consuming a frankly ridicules quantity of the stuff. I felt grand until, after leaving, I was lurching across Green Park mumbling and cursing and was taken unwell. I sat on a park bench as my legs had become unsteady, whereupon I proceeded copiously to deposit my stomach contents all over my shoes. I eventually squelched my way home with my shoes filled with puke and had to throw the things away. Pair of Barkers as well.
    'He appeared simply to have no concept of how to behave at all.'

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

If a chap needs to relieve himself of a misfortunate load, wes, no man should judge him.

We've all been there. Aye.

Yes, I don't think I was holding this up as an example of ideal behaviour, to be honest, but you carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If a chap needs to relieve himself of a misfortunate load, wes, no man should judge him.

We've all been there. Aye.
    A bad business to be sure. Of all the spirits, brandy is the only one that I ever drink enough of neat to get into trouble. It slips down in oh-so unobtrusively.

A bad business to be sure. Of all the spirits, brandy is the only one that I ever drink enough of neat to get into trouble. It slips down in oh-so unobtrusively.
    I can't remember the last time I had a drink-induced spew. Perhaps I have just blanked out the memories

Are you doing the cold sweats?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I can't remember the last time I had a drink-induced spew. Perhaps I have just blanked out the memories

Are you doing the cold sweats?
    No, I'm on the 'irrational sense of impending loss of physical integrity' stage, which involves me clenching my jaw to try and stop the top of my head falling off. I'm hoping a large foreign sausage at lunchtime may do the trick again.

Yes, I don't think I was holding this up as an example of ideal behaviour, to be honest, but you carry on.
    To be honest, Burney, after reading the first few lines of your post I quickly scanned ahead expecting to see the letters 'WES' in the post somewhere.

I felt rather relieved to have been spared that. Cheers.

To be honest, Burney, after reading the first few lines of your post I quickly scanned ahead expecting to see the letters 'WES' in the post somewhere.

I felt rather relieved to have been spared that. Cheers.
    That would have been a cheap shot and beneath me. And it's Christmas and I'm nice, see?

First Christmas party of the season at the Churchill War Rooms (my main conclusion about which is that the place must have properly pen and inked when it was full).
    (
    Are they worth going to? {Boring question, but I would appreciate a proper answer. Me and a couple of girls from my OU days meet up every few months for a museum/gallery/talk etc but haven't been there and I wondered whether it would be worth it. Would it interest and occupy us for 2.5-3hrs or so?}