Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Is it about time we had an alternative to Özil?

Is it about time we had an alternative to Özil?

Yes he is brilliant and all that but he has seriously off days where we should have alternatives on the bench.

Or do we need to wait until he has signed before we start subbing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Henry AKA The African Queen View Post
    Yes he is brilliant and all that but he has seriously off days where we should have alternatives on the bench.

Bergkamp had quiet games, but he wasn't subbed off because he was capable of producing one moment that could win the game.

Same with Ozil imo.

How dare you compare Ozil to Dennis ( )
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Ozil is one of those mercurial players who can produce something out of very little, he may not do a lot for 80 minutes of a game but is a potential match winner.

We need to replace and improve the players around him and get rid of the likes of Walcott, Ramsey and Monreal (he drives me mad with how poor his final ball is).

Ozil is a genius, but a genius who needs players around him who give him the options he needs.

I watched it only casually last night but Ox and Theo seemed to be utterly anonymous. Although they looked world class compared to Iwobi when he came on.

And Ramsey is our option when Ozil is having an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Henry AKA The African Queen View Post

I'm not sure. We *have* just spent about 100 million quid.

In fairness though, both the Manchesters also seem to be saying they need to spend more, so maybe we might as well too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ozil is a genius, but a genius who needs players around him who give him the options he needs.

I watched it only casually last night but Ox and Theo seemed to be utterly anonymous. Although they looked world class compared to Iwobi when he came on.

Players like Cristiano Ronaldo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Then we are doomed on his current form.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Bergkamp had quiet games, but he wasn't subbed off because he was capable of producing one moment that could win the game.

Same with Ozil imo.
    Yes but Denis was more central and provided more of a direct goal threat.
    Can't really compare