Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has it now become a bit boring to follow Arsenal?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think Monreal is very good. Walcott and Ramsey never have long periods of good form
    Monreal is good to average with a poor end product, he seldom finds another Arsenal player in the box.

Watch him in the next game and tell me if I'm wrong, he's wastes so many chances down the left hand side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Monreal is good to average with a poor end product, he seldom finds another Arsenal player in the box.

Watch him in the next game and tell me if I'm wrong, he's wastes so many chances down the left hand side.
    The problem is there usually isn't any one there in the box.
    Unless Giroud is playing.

but I noticed last night when he is overlapping with Sanchez it's a bit confusing and he seems to look for him most of the time. I think it distracts him.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I thought you did, at least? Surely the assumption was that at least one of the favourites would get their act together in time. Similarly, no-one will believe in us again until we do actually win it, despite the fact that at various points, we look as though we might.
    I merely asked the question at what point did we have to take them seriously. I didn't really believe they would win it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I merely asked the question at what point did we have to take them seriously. I didn't really believe they would win it then.
    Sorry then. I thought you felt that if nobody else did, then they definately would. If you follow me.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The way our recent seasons tend to unfold has become very predictable, floating around in the top 4 league places but never managing to eventually finish top.

Has this trend made us...well...a bit boring to follow?
    Please stop.

The way our recent seasons tend to unfold has become very predictable, floating around in the top 4 league places but never managing to eventually finish top.

Has this trend made us...well...a bit boring to follow?
    Not boring but endlessly predictable. I don't think anyone doubts our capacity to put lesser sides to the sword but somehow a draw or loss against Everton was all too predictable. A loss to City and the pundits who never really fancy us to go all the way will once more feel vindicated in their assessments.. We really should be well adjusted in how this all plays out by now. :sigh:

when I was in school one of the other kids was a Palace season ticket holder who would get picked on by the other kids (mostly United fans because they were winning everything at the time) until one teacher pointed out that he was quite lucky because every season was a thriller - either you're fighting it out for promotion or battling away to avoid relegation.

I think that in itself can get a bit too much and at some point you would long for stability...but in our case stability has been replaced with incredibly boring predictability....ground hog day over and over and over and over again...I really hope the Everton defeat isn't the start of the trend we've seen for the last decade.