Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has it now become a bit boring to follow Arsenal?

Has it now become a bit boring to follow Arsenal?

The way our recent seasons tend to unfold has become very predictable, floating around in the top 4 league places but never managing to eventually finish top.

Has this trend made us...well...a bit boring to follow?

Frustrating yes, boring no.
    We still produce some of the most scintillating football on the planet when focused.

I doubt we will top the tree again with the current boss althought that said, I think this year is even more open than last.
    If he doesn't do it this year, he should bow out gracefully.

I think so. The past 5 years especially when top 4 is the only priority.

It has been a bit better with the arrival of Ozil and Sanchez as they are exciting players.
    You could have messi in this team and I don't think things would change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    The way our recent seasons tend to unfold has become very predictable, floating around in the top 4 league places but never managing to eventually finish top.

Well we don't know yet that we're finishing top, do we? It's only December and we've only lost twice.

God help us if we were West Ham or Ipswich Town.

I've certainly lost interest over the past 5-6 years.

I never go anymore and generally only have a passing interest in the game unless it's Chelsea or Spurs. Perhaps we're just getting old, BWB? Outwardly supporting a football club really is a young man's game, I think.

Unless you're some sort of anti-social deviant, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post

"Boring" is a bit strong, I think. Certainly though, we've come down from the triple high of going unbeaten, reaching the Champions League final and moving to a new stadium all in a short space of time.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I never go anymore and generally only have a passing interest in the game unless it's Chelsea or Spurs. Perhaps we're just getting old, BWB? Outwardly supporting a football club really is a young man's game, I think.

Money has ruined things, hasn't it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I attended a game quite recently, I think. Bayern away it was. 2013.

Nice couple of days; chilly, but... the Schweinshaxe!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well we don't know yet that we're finishing top, do we? It's only December and we've only lost twice.

God help us if we were West Ham or Ipswich Town.
    Games like last night are a good indication that we will not be finishing top.

Of course teams lose games but I thought we were pretty limp yesterday. And it would have been a excellent opportunity to get some valuable points before a big game against Manchester City.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Games like last night are a good indication that we will not be finishing top.

Of course teams lose games but I thought we were pretty limp yesterday. And it would have been a excellent opportunity to get some valuable points before a big game against Manchester City.
    If the Premier League is as competitive as we like to think it is, then it's only right and proper we should lose once in a while, imo. Same as everyone else.

It has no bearing on the Manchester City match though. Different game and a' that.