Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Engagementringwimb - Some questions, if I may?

Engagementringwimb - Some questions, if I may?

- What is the benefit of Platinum over 18k white gold?

- How many carats should the diamond be, at a minimum. Would a 0.5 carat diamond look silly small if surrounded with a band of tiny diamonds (halo ring)?

- Is there any specific jewelers that offer more ring for your pound or are they all much of a muchness?

- Is there much value in buying used (don't like the thought of a ring being previously owned by someone else, tbh).

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

- How many carats should the diamond be, at a minimum. Would a 0.5 carat diamond look silly small if surrounded with a band of tiny diamonds (halo ring)?

- Is there any specific jewelers that offer more ring for your pound or are they all much of a muchness?

- Is there much value in buying used (don't like the thought of a ring being previously owned by someone else, tbh).

Asking for a friend.
    I recommend ....

... watching the Dave Gorman from the other week on why engagement rings are a rip off. Diamonds are neither rare, nor beautiful. The eye cannot tell the difference between a real and fake.

Asking for a friend.
    White Gold needs regular (every year) dipping otherwise it starts to lose it's colour and can cause irritation.

Hatton Garden is your best bet

Anything over a carat starts to look a bit too bling, imo. Buy a better cut, colour, clarity than worrying about size

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I recommend ....

... watching the Dave Gorman from the other week on why engagement rings are a rip off. Diamonds are neither rare, nor beautiful. The eye cannot tell the difference between a real and fake.
    Happy Friday to you too, A.

I recommend ....

That's like wearing a fake watch though, you know it's a fake and therefore it doesn't give you that same feeling that wearing something genuine does

Asking for a friend.
    Just let your missus pick it and stop being an incorrigible prick.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Just let your missus/mister pick it and stop being an incorrigible prick.
    Diversity, SW.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That's like wearing a fake watch though, you know it's a fake and therefore it doesn't give you that same feeling that wearing something genuine does
    I am unaware of this feeling, but I'll take your word for it.

Asking for a friend.
    A gentleman will present his prospective bride with a family piece, naturally.

The lower orders, or ex-gentlemen now engaged in trade and other such vulgarities, are advised to spend around one month's gross salary on the item. As far as the design of the piece is concerned, those lacking an established family jeweller should visit Bond St and discuss the matter with the good people at Cartier and Asprey; they will have appropriate classic pieces which will avoid any possible flashiness or ostentation.

One does not recommend Hatton Garden, for many of the artisans plying their trade there are the hebrew faith and therefore prone to dishonest dealings.

I am unaware of this feeling, but I'll take your word for it.
    It's rather like appreciating the difference between The Who and Oasis.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."