Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ****ing sick of playing these ****s every ****ing year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Whence came this additional time, sw? You've not retired, surely?
    More games, not time.

Time is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    More games, not time.

Time is fixed.
    Were you in London in '78? I remember standing on the North Bank for Ipswich in the leagure, reading the report in the programme of our victory in Leipzig the previous Wednesday. I never dreamt that I'd be able to watch all our European games in real time within my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Were you in London in '78? I remember standing on the North Bank for Ipswich in the leagure, reading the report in the programme of our victory in Leipzig the previous Wednesday. I never dreamt that I'd be able to watch all our European games in real time within my lifetime.

No, I was but 11 then and my exposure to European football was via the transistor radio, a scratchy reception at best yet nights filled with excitement and intrigue, exotic names and players one only knew perhaps through Shoot magazine if at all.

Now we play ****e like Basil and you can see how ****e they are so you turn over.

I like football to be competitive.

No, I was but 11 then and my exposure to European football was via the transistor radio, a scratchy reception at best yet nights filled with excitement and intrigue, exotic names and players one only knew perhaps through Shoot magazine if at all.

Now we play ****e like Basil and you can see how ****e they are so you turn over.

Big birthday next year then.

Nasty.

I seem to recall going a bit ballistic when Arshavin stuck that one away against Barcelona a few years back.

I seem to recall that game as being pretty competitive. And if it isn't competitive, how come we struggle to win our group most years? We must be really ****

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I seem to recall going a bit ballistic when Arshavin stuck that one away against Barcelona a few years back.

I seem to recall that game as being pretty competitive. And if it isn't competitive, how come we struggle to win our group most years? We must be really ****
    That was mere desperation to get one over on Barcelona, fair enough. That was probably a time when they were being held up by all and sundry as being the best team ever. Counted for **** all in the end of course.

Champions League starts now really, all that has gone before is really an irrelevance and merely a vehicle to allow the big clubs to make money and in general for the tournament to function.

Of course group stages can throw up the odd classic but more often than not they are dire and we all know what is going to transpire after the 6 games so may as well just jump there and get on with it.

That was mere desperation to get one over on Barcelona, fair enough. That was probably a time when they were being held up by all and sundry as being the best team ever. Counted for **** all in the end of course.

Champions League starts now really, all that has gone before is really an irrelevance and merely a vehicle to allow the big clubs to make money and in general for the tournament to function.

Of course group stages can throw up the odd classic but more often than not they are dire and we all know what is going to transpire after the 6 games so may as well just jump there and get on with it.
    Did you know that Spurs wouldn't make it through? That Madrid would finish second to Dortmund? (was a cracking game BTW) Did you expect Ludogrets to get a draw at PSG?

Your view of it all being very predictable seems at odds with the facts, I think. The group stages always have plenty of intrigue and some excellent football matches. I'd rather watch PSG away in the group stages than Stoke at home in the league. And the group stages allows us to get to this stage, so that's rather important. Was it that long ago that Monaco played Porto in the final? Doesn't strike me as very predictable.

Basically, I think you're talking nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Did you know that Spurs wouldn't make it through? That Madrid would finish second to Dortmund? (was a cracking game BTW) Did you expect Ludogrets to get a draw at PSG?

Your view of it all being very predictable seems at odds with the facts, I think. The group stages always have plenty of intrigue and some excellent football matches. I'd rather watch PSG away in the group stages than Stoke at home in the league. And the group stages allows us to get to this stage, so that's rather important. Was it that long ago that Monaco played Porto in the final? Doesn't strike me as very predictable.

Basically, I think you're talking nonsense.
    how many 3rd ranked teams got through to the last 16?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Just checking but this **** team Basel that you are referring to - you do realise they are the same ****vtwm that have beaten Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Bayern in recent years, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just checking but this **** team Basel that you are referring to - you do realise they are the same ****vtwm that have beaten Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Bayern in recent years, don't you?
    I was talking specifically about this year's vintage who I thought were very poor.