Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, chop up the sausage. Apply curry sauce preparation of choice (the original from Berlin is simply ketchup, as pointed out already), then sprinkle chili powder and/or curry powder to taste.
    The Wurst is important, mind. You wouldn't want to try it with a Great British Banger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They're not as good as Hawksmoor anyway.

He is a miserable **** so I don't wish to support him financially. I have principles and I stick to them. I boycott Australian and American wine as well. And if there was anything which came from Canada that was worth buying, I'd boycott that as well.
    Hawksmoor? That's the place that does British grass fed beef only, is it not?

I'll pass, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course its alleged that squaddies are responsible for it, having flogged curry powder, etc to the Germans on the black market while stationed in Berlin.
    Yes, or some Hausfrau or other whose name has since gone down in legend and song but escapes me just now. Hertha, is it, like the football team from down that way.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Wurst is important, mind. You wouldn't want to try it with a Great British Banger.
    I haven't had a Great British Banger for decades. That's why I didn't take part in the recent referendum, I suppose
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I haven't had a Great British Banger for decades. That's why I didn't take part in the recent referendum, I suppose
    In general, of course, said sausage is a disappointment.

It is very rare that one actually encounters a Great British Banger. On these occasions, the beast should be anointed with a splash of Worcestershire sauce.

Your mum's a great British banger.

Yes, or some Hausfrau or other whose name has since gone down in legend and song but escapes me just now. Hertha, is it, like the football team from down that way.
    Charlottenburg, I think.

Your mum's a great British banger.
    Hurrah! Free at last!

Charlottenburg, I think.
    No wonder we never get any penalties

In general, of course, said sausage is a disappointment.

It is very rare that one actually encounters a Great British Banger. On these occasions, the beast should be anointed with a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
    The real and unspoken truth about the Freat British Banger is that it is at its finest when cold, streaked with congealed fat and dipped in a pot of Colman's - preferably at a test match.