Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I don't speak German, but I'm guessing that's a sausage with curry sauce and potatoes?
    Pommes is French, not German. It's short for Pommes Frites, what they call chips. The Germans pinched their word as they don't have their own.

As I understand it anyway.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I used to like Goodman but then, for some reason, I ended up following Dave Strauss on Twitter. His constant negativity abot the Arsenal has led to me boycotting any restaurant with which he is connected.
    Strikes me as absurd mate. The steak is good, really, really, really good. The sides are also excellent, the creamed spinach and truffled chips in particular. They serve cold lager, an array of cocktails and have a fine and reasonably priced wine list. And you can walk out of there having had an excellent meal for less than £100.

Why in f*ck's name would I give a toss what a director of the company that owns it, thinks about Arsenal?

I don't speak German, but I'm guessing that's a sausage with curry sauce and potatoes?
    The 'sauce' is Ketchup with curry powder in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The 'sauce' is Ketchup with curry powder in it.
    Yuk. Sounds awful

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm making Currywurst mit Pommes for dinner.
    Sausage and curry chips?

Yuk. Sounds awful
    Tastes delicious though. Essentially this, I'm guessing. In England, it would be "curry sauce".

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Sausage and curry chips?
    Yeah, chop up the sausage. Apply curry sauce preparation of choice (the original from Berlin is simply ketchup, as pointed out already), then sprinkle chili powder and/or curry powder to taste.

Strikes me as absurd mate. The steak is good, really, really, really good. The sides are also excellent, the creamed spinach and truffled chips in particular. They serve cold lager, an array of cocktails and have a fine and reasonably priced wine list. And you can walk out of there having had an excellent meal for less than £100.

Why in f*ck's name would I give a toss what a director of the company that owns it, thinks about Arsenal?
    They're not as good as Hawksmoor anyway.

He is a miserable **** so I don't wish to support him financially. I have principles and I stick to them. I boycott Australian and American wine as well. And if there was anything which came from Canada that was worth buying, I'd boycott that as well.

Yuk. Sounds awful
    You've never had Currywurst? How odd.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Tastes delicious though. Essentially this, I'm guessing. In England, it would be "curry sauce".

Of course its alleged that squaddies are responsible for it, having flogged curry powder, etc to the Germans on the black market while stationed in Berlin.