Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The madness has reached Muswell Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No, I believe there have been far more comments on that. In fact I am told Muzzy Hill was trending this morning on Facebook due to the outrage, whatever that means.
    When you say "I believe" do you simply mean you simple want to believe it or you have seen evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    When you say "I believe" do you simply mean you simple want to believe it or you have seen evidence?
    I've been told by a reliable source

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Kinks paraphernalia?

This is so obviously a PR job that I'm surprised it isn't on the front of the DM yet.
    The Kinks were founded in the Clissold Arms down the road

I've been told by a reliable source
    Oh well, that's all right then it must be true. Funny you were talking about credulity the other day

Oh well, that's all right then it must be true. Funny you were talking about credulity the other day
    If someone I have very little reason to think would lie about this kind of thing tells me they've seen more than one Facebook comment, then why would I not believe?

If someone I have very little reason to think would lie about this kind of thing tells me they've seen more than one Facebook comment, then why would I not believe?
    It's such a load of old nonsense that you'll now have people piling in to say they're going to buy stuff from there to spite the libtards, and you'll have trolls provoking a reaction by pretending to be outraged by the shop

There was an article about a council banning Christmas decorations from being hung in communal areas of a council housing block, becasue they are responsible for ensuring exits are kept clear in case of a fire. Straight away the comments under the article were about the real reason being that we can't have the Allans being offended. We seem to love being outraged about things

Amazing that the most incendiary remark that the newspapers run with is this one then (which I agree is a bit silly, but hardly in the realms of you are a racist/tear down your flags):

One man wrote on public Facebook group Muswell Hill and Friends: "Chris, while I applaud you setting up a business in Muswell Hill and employing local people I'm curious as to why you decided to call your shop 'Really British' (besides the obvious point that you will sell British-made goods)?

"Like many people I live in London because of its international nature, and for me personally having a big sign on the Broadway saying 'Really British' makes me feel you're implying that other local businesses in the area are therefore somehow 'not really British'.

"Some will no doubt say I'm over-sensitive.

"But I can't help thinking that given the recent divisive referendum and the current political climate you might have chosen a more inclusive name in 2016."

All else is heresay from a man whose products are now splashed all over at least four national newspapers.

Amazing that the most incendiary remark that the newspapers run with is this one then (which I agree is a bit silly, but hardly in the realms of you are a racist/tear down your flags):

One man wrote on public Facebook group Muswell Hill and Friends: "Chris, while I applaud you setting up a business in Muswell Hill and employing local people I'm curious as to why you decided to call your shop 'Really British' (besides the obvious point that you will sell British-made goods)?

"Like many people I live in London because of its international nature, and for me personally having a big sign on the Broadway saying 'Really British' makes me feel you're implying that other local businesses in the area are therefore somehow 'not really British'.

"Some will no doubt say I'm over-sensitive.

"But I can't help thinking that given the recent divisive referendum and the current political climate you might have chosen a more inclusive name in 2016."

All else is heresay from a man whose products are now splashed all over at least four national newspapers.
    I'm surprised he didn't tweet himself a death threat for good measure
    Last edited by Brentwood; 12-09-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    It's such a load of old nonsense that you'll now have people piling in to say they're going to buy stuff from there to spite the libtards, and you'll have trolls provoking a reaction by pretending to be outraged by the shop

There was an article about a council banning Christmas decorations from being hung in communal areas of a council housing block, becasue they are responsible for ensuring exits are kept clear in case of a fire. Straight away the comments under the article were about the real reason being that we can't have the Allans being offended. We seem to love being outraged about things
    They're banning christmas, you say? Outrageous.

I saw an article on this dude earlier in the week, he sells The Jam mugs from which one can enjoy tea or coffee.

I have one and can recommend them as a Xmas present for friend or family.