Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the chief of MI6 says that Russia is a threat to the west.

So the chief of MI6 says that Russia is a threat to the west.

What the hell is the chief of the Secret Intelligence Service doing making himself a public figure?

It gets worse:

"It was the first time an MI6 chief has made a speech at the HQ, a move aimed at trying to show the secret organisation is making an effort to be a bit more transparent."

More transparent? The Secret Intelligence Service?

I shudder to think what George Smiley would have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What the hell is the chief of the Secret Intelligence Service doing making himself a public figure?

It gets worse:

"It was the first time an MI6 chief has made a speech at the HQ, a move aimed at trying to show the secret organisation is making an effort to be a bit more transparent."

They all seem to want to be public figures these days. Would never have done for Control.

It gets worse:

Recently I kept hearing how Mike Flynn, Trump's choice for National Security Advisor, was a rabid Islamophobe and had said some truly despicable things about Muslims and Islam. So I looked into what he'd said, and every single word of it was undeniably true.

This confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Recently I kept hearing how Mike Flynn, Trump's choice for National Security Advisor, was a rabid Islamophobe and had said some truly despicable things about Muslims and Islam. So I looked into what he'd said, and every single word of it was undeniably true.

This confused me.
    I don't know why this confused you, to be honest. We live in an age when the Left defines what 'truth' is, and a chap daring to refuse to cosy up to Islam is, in the New Truth, a fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

This confused me.
    You really are quite funny sometimes

I don't know why this confused you, to be honest. We live in an age when the Left defines what 'truth' is, and a chap daring to refuse to cosy up to Islam is, in the New Truth, a fascist.
    I see Boris got slagged off by The Guardian for saying mean things about that friend of liberalism...errr...Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I see Boris got slagged off by The Guardian for saying mean things about that friend of liberalism...errr...Saudi Arabia.
    They really are childish wánkers. To a man. Look at this juvenile nonsense. "This time it’s Saudi Arabia: even when Boris Johnson gets it right, he’s wrong."

They really are childish wánkers. To a man. Look at this juvenile nonsense. "This time it’s Saudi Arabia: even when Boris Johnson gets it right, he’s wrong."
    Meanwhile, Owen Jones has only just realised that Momentum is riddled with Trots. This in spite of the fact that literally everyone has been telling him this for over a year now, while Jack Monroe has cancelled her TV Licence because she thinks the producer of Question Time's a fascist or something.

An everyday story of lefty folk.

It gets worse:

I suppose he has focus groups and pollsters to please, same as everybody else.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

But I mean, there's obviously a bunch of rogue sh!t going on. Just look at Comey with the FBI. Bunch of white nationalists siding with the Kremlin, whilst the multicultural agents are in it for the fate of the West. Do I see a screenplay in there somewhere? You goddamn right.