Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's this Pizzagate I keep hearing about?

So what's this Pizzagate I keep hearing about?

I thought it was when Fabregas threw pizza at Alex Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I thought it was when Fabregas threw pizza at Alex Ferguson.
    It is indeed.

It is nothing to do with Hilary Clinton. I think a teenager in Macedonia made up a story that circulated a bit and this is now being held up as an example of the scourge of 'fake news' which proves that anything outside of respectable outlets like the New York Times and the Washington Post is not to be trusted, and should possibly be censored.

Of course, when the New York Times and the Washington Post print fake news about WMD in Iraq, or massacres in Benghazi which are used to foment conflicts with horrendous consequences, this is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It is indeed.

It is nothing to do with Hilary Clinton. I think a teenager in Macedonia made up a story that circulated a bit and this is now being held up as an example of the scourge of 'fake news' which proves that anything outside of respectable outlets like the New York Times and the Washington Post is not to be trusted, and should possibly be censored.

Of course, when the New York Times and the Washington Post print fake news about WMD in Iraq, or massacres in Benghazi which are used to foment conflicts with horrendous consequences, this is ok.
    Thanks Ash. I didn't think it would have to do with any of those items mentioned.
    There was shooter yesterday in a restaurant in Washington. clearly he was confused and was supposed to go to Old Trafford.

It is indeed.

Fake news is a red herring. It is selective censorship by social media that is the real scourge of the disemination of news today.

It is indeed.

Yes, well, of course the WMD story was put forward by Colin Powell and others, so the NYT had some grounds for reporting it. But, in general, our country is going the way of Mongoloidism. I feel ambivalent about it.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Yes, well, of course the WMD story was put forward by Colin Powell and others, so the NYT had some grounds for reporting it.
    Still fake news, but from a reputable figure so that's ok.

Oh hang on, that's my point.

Still fake news, but from a reputable figure so that's ok.

Oh hang on, that's my point.
    Come come, that is the tone of demagoguery. Your argument: everything is fake, so why not just submit? I am not averse to demagoguery; far from it. In fact, my organization actively promotes certain demagogic memes. Still, the army of lepers who will follow me is not aesthetically appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Your argument: everything is fake, so why not just submit?
    That's not my argument, though. FAKE POST

My argument is not that everything is untrue, but that media sources have long been a conduit for falsehoods.

My argument is not that everything is untrue, but that media sources have long been a conduit for falsehoods.
    I prefer Fake Pisters,

The only thing that's true in this world, my friend, is Godcola Bottling and Beverage

Swear fealty to us now, and we will give you a pass when the Nights of Red Rain start to come into effect.