Oh do **** off Part 2

http://www.football365.com/news/f365...n-the-top-half

He beat Charlie Austin and then Shane Long for pace

She's never liked him as a player!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Hang on, though, it's a woman writing about football, isn't it? Might as well take seriously what a dog has to say about crown green bowling.

34 now, is it? Perhaps time to fade quietly away with some dignity?

Actually, balls to that, surely a couple of years in China would be a nice way to top up the pension?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Actually, balls to that, surely a couple of years in China would be a nice way to top up the pension?
    Chap I play cricket with plays for Stevenage and is reaching that point. China's not really an option. He's basically going to go back to plastering. Must be a very odd business having to retire from what you see as your life's work in what most would regard as the prime of life. Obviously, if you're a premiership player the money offers a cushion, but it still must fück with your head.

that site is so **** now - can't believe the muppet Storey got an award yesterday!

Iwobi ffs - although it does make a change from the five or six articles they have written attacking the Ox. Still managed to get a dig in at him there though. Absolutely obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    that site is so **** now - can't believe the muppet Storey got an award yesterday!

Iwobi ffs - although it does make a change from the five or six articles they have written attacking the Ox. Still managed to get a dig in at him there though. Absolutely obsessed
    The only thing I usually read on their site is Mediawatch......even if it is very hypocritical based on the *******s they write

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Not sure China is on the cards, based on the fact he has 2 young kids and that was one of the reasons he didn't want to move to us

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hang on, though, it's a woman writing about football, isn't it? Might as well take seriously what a dog has to say about crown green bowling.
    I worked with her during a stint of work experience when I was about 20. She found my daily enquiry of "how's Nigel?" absolutely f*cking hilarious, I can tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Chap I play cricket with plays for Stevenage and is reaching that point. China's not really an option. He's basically going to go back to plastering. Must be a very odd business having to retire from what you see as your life's work in what most would regard as the prime of life. Obviously, if you're a premiership player the money offers a cushion, but it still must fück with your head.
    It's sad really. Business managed to con, and also convince, everyone that work was an end in itself.

All nonsense, of course. You living *your* life and doing what *you* want to do ought to be paramount. Your mate there has it right, I think. There's plenty of time left to be a plasterer but the season for playing sport professionally is short, so you should go for it if you can.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Not sure China is on the cards, based on the fact he has 2 young kids and that was one of the reasons he didn't want to move to us
    Has he ever expressed any regret about that?