Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The West Ham ball boys mobbing Alexis

The West Ham ball boys mobbing Alexis

that actually made me a bit sad - I've never appreciated a world class performance against us, especially so when I was younger and in even less of a position to appreciate sublime skill and brilliance, so to see the young hammers supporters take such obvious pleasure with their nemesis after the game was baffling

Quote Originally Posted by NZgunner View Post
    that actually made me a bit sad - I've never appreciated a world class performance against us, especially so when I was younger and in even less of a position to appreciate sublime skill and brilliance, so to see the young hammers supporters take such obvious pleasure with their nemesis after the game was baffling
    They might not be young hammers. West Ham don't own the stadium, or famously even the corner flags, and don't employ the ancilliary staff. Whether that includes the ball boys I don't know but it might explain the reaction (which I didn't see).

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They might not be young hammers. West Ham don't own the stadium, or famously even the corner flags, and don't employ the ancilliary staff. Whether that includes the ball boys I don't know but it might explain the reaction (which I didn't see).
    Nah kids love a celeb/ famous face/ hero even if its not one of theirs.
    All you have to do is google/ Youtube and tunnel camera shot so Messi/ Ronaldo even Rooney in the tunnel and you will see awe struck kids.
    Hate all opposition but I would have been the same with a Zola, Cantona, Gullit, Ginola, Asprilla and other class players who transcend rivalry.