Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The football abuse cases - can we now end the desperate search for gay footballers?

The football abuse cases - can we now end the desperate search for gay footballers?

The media now has a few hundred heroes to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Being raped doesn't make you gay, Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Silver lining, at least it might stop United and spurs fans from doing that song

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Silver lining, at least it might stop United and spurs fans from doing that song
    I wouldn't bet on that if I were you.
    I suppose one shouldn't be surprised about scouts being nonce-tastic. One always has to be slightly wary of the motives of anyone who seeks power over children and it would be naive to imagine football to be any exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Being raped doesn't make you gay, Mo.
    Has anyone checked this with TE Lawrence?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that if I were you.
    I suppose one shouldn't be surprised about scouts being nonce-tastic. One always has to be slightly wary of the motives of anyone who seeks power over children and it would be naive to imagine football to be any exception.
    The 2 BiLs were both at the club in question........although they were slightly older, so thankfully not involved

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Has anyone checked this with TE Lawrence?
    I think TE was pretty gay before the Turks skewered him, to be fair. Remember his little arab boy chum?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The 2 BiLs were both at the club in question........although they were slightly older, so thankfully not involved

Well I wonder how widespread a practice this is, to be honest. How many chaps who've played at a certain level have also been nonced at a certain level?

Well I wonder how widespread a practice this is, to be honest. How many chaps who've played at a certain level have also been nonced at a certain level?
    It is the perfect job for a nonce, kids desperate to play professional footy......wouldn't be surprised if it turns out some parents knew but were so desperate for their kids to make it they turned a blind eye. Do hope not

I think TE was pretty gay before the Turks skewered him, to be fair. Remember his little arab boy chum?
    That may have been an isolated incident - a slip of the tongue, as it were.

Remember Spike? "The last time I did that, I ended up in Mesopotamia chased by Turks waving pots of Vaseline and shouting, 'Lawrence, we love you in Ottoman!"