Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
Not surprised nothing works here.
Haven't had a train on time in the past 3 weeks. Not a single train on time. There was one that seemed on time but it was the previous train running late.

Then I had to wait 10 minutes to by a bottle of water in a shop.

It's not even bad service in the UK that annoys me. It's the bull**** that comes with it.
Just tell us the truth of what's going on stop trying to bull**** me.

Once I had bought some pizzas in a supermarket. They were buy one get one free all had the same stickers on them.
I notice they charged me for both normally I don't care but straight away I am told to go to Customer services, Which is fun as it's always where the fag counter is so you have hoards of undesirables checking their scratchcards.

I was told by this young woman that as the pizzas are different the deal doesn't apply. I said that's nonsense all of these have the same deal sticker on them, If I were in HMV and it was buy 2 dvds and get one free I wouldn't have to buy the same movie 3 times.

'Oh no but it's not that it's because the weight of the pizzas, they are different'
can I speak to the real manager please. he came over and sorted it out in 2 seconds.

They think we are stupid! they think they can bull**** us and we will accept it.

I made a complaint about the trains in the summer. They replied giving me this detailed reply about how there are strikes and everything. Simple copy and paste job. Unfortunately they used a reply that was in relation to a completely different line.

Every ****ing week some different excuse, No drivers, Slippery rails, Latest one is earlier broken down train at Drayton Park that's been this weeks excuse.

CUNDS, rant over.
You took a stand, Pat. You were like, over this line you DO NOT. Now you either GET me my two-for-one deal, or I am CALLING the Better Business Bureau! The choice is yours. That's fine, I'll talk to your manager. Where are they? Bring forth your host of managers.