Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am currently sat at my desk imagining Danny Rose's face over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Back in the day I would have self-medicated with some proper drugs. A couple of decent lines is enough to put anyone back on their feet for 3 or 4 hours in an emergency.

Sadly, I suspect that these days such a strategy woiuld kill me.
    Yup. I can't even bear the thought of alcohol atm, sad times
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Back in the day I would have self-medicated with some proper drugs. A couple of decent lines is enough to put anyone back on their feet for 3 or 4 hours in an emergency.

Sadly, I suspect that these days such a strategy woiuld kill me.
    Have you been smoking during this bout of unpleasantness? Have you? Hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Have you been smoking during this bout of unpleasantness? Have you? Hmmmm?
    Well, given that I am a heterosexual male, of course I've been smoking. I have a cold, I've not developed gender/sexuality fluidity.

Yesterday I was awfully miserable and picked up a Douglas Reeman novel. I haven't rewad such a thing since childhood. It was simply brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Yup. I can't even bear the thought of alcohol atm, sad times
    I have used scotch and claret to enable me to cook dinner on a couple of ocassions, but suffered for it afterwards.

Well, given that I am a heterosexual male, of course I've been smoking. I have a cold, I've not developed gender/sexuality fluidity.

Yesterday I was awfully miserable and picked up a Douglas Reeman novel. I haven't rewad such a thing since childhood. It was simply brilliant.
    I don't think I've ever read anything by him. He looks it Alexander McQueeny

I don't think I've ever read anything by him. He looks it Alexander McQueeny
    He wrote Napoleonic stuff under the pseudonym Alexander Kent. The WWll stuff is what I remembered from childhood, and it's quite lovely. A sort of Poundland Monsarrat. That's harsh, actually, but you get the idea.

He wrote Napoleonic stuff under the pseudonym Alexander Kent. The WWll stuff is what I remembered from childhood, and it's quite lovely. A sort of Poundland Monsarrat. That's harsh, actually, but you get the idea.
    I may give it a whirl.

Have you seen how cross the Guardianistas are about Jenkins' article? They're FEWMIN'

I think Hadley Freeman may have an embolism.

I may give it a whirl.

Have you seen how cross the Guardianistas are about Jenkins' article? They're FEWMIN'

I think Hadley Freeman may have an embolism.
    I hope he doesn't bump into Laurie Penny any time soon. She'll have his balls.

I hope he doesn't bump into Laurie Penny any time soon. She'll have his balls.
    Oh, yeah. She's just doubling down on what is clearly a bad bet, bless her. It's amazing to see how cross they get when someone in The Guardian dares to question the sacred orthodoxy.