Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: That Brazil plane crash is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, you're quite right, I reckon. I once broke a leg in a rather complicated fashion and after a couple of weeks of faff, it seemed like half of Harley Street had had its hand up my pipe.

I've distrusted quacks ever since.
    When you say you broke it in a rather complicated fashion, do you mean that it broke in a complicated fashion or that you broke it while trying to do something complicated like an outlandish breakdancing move?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Going to try, just hard as I genuinely enjoy smoking but would rather like to not die anytime soon plus the savings are quite significant

Yes. It's only taken me about 10 years to stop missing them, but I honestly wouldn't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When you say you broke it in a rather complicated fashion, do you mean that it broke in a complicated fashion or that you broke it while trying to do something complicated like an outlandish breakdancing move?
    A bit of both actually, I guess. Fanny-dancing in the middle of the park, showing off a bit, you know. Scrawny, carrot-topped scrote called Hillier (not our one, no relation to him either) cropped me down from behind. I foolishly played on, apparently making it worse
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

A bit of both actually, I guess. Fanny-dancing in the middle of the park, showing off a bit, you know. Scrawny, carrot-topped scrote called Hillier (not our one, no relation to him either) cropped me down from behind. I foolishly played on, apparently making it worse
    I might have known him. Was it Peter Hillier?

Hmmm. This is clearly what has given you your mistrust of fanny-dancing midfielders.

Kudos for carrying on Cesc-like, though.

Gosh, well thank you for your considered opinion on what having cancer is like. I shall bear it in mind in future.

I'm not sure I would describe an orchidectomy, chemotherapy and two years of hospital appointments, check-ups, blood tests and the constant terror of recurrence (resulting, of course, in that pesky 'limited side effect' death) as 'easily treated', but I'm sure you know best.

I've always been thankful that, as these things go, I had a relatively light brush from the cancer stick, but now I've read your wise words, I realise that I was really just being silly to make such a fuss.
    Well, given that I had no idea what sort of cancer you had nor what treatment you recieved I clearly wasn't commenting on your particular circumstance. And I also wasn't being entirely serious

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I might have known him. Was it Peter Hillier?
    No, it was actually "David", I'm sorry to say. Not *him* though, of course. I was playing for Cholsey Bluebirds, he was Didcot Something-or-others, I think.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

No, it was actually "David", I'm sorry to say. Not *him* though, of course. I was playing for Cholsey Bluebirds, he was Didcot Something-or-others, I think.
    Didcot Diddlers? Didcot Die-Hards? Didcot Power Stations?

Didcot Diddlers? Didcot Die-Hards? Didcot Power Stations?
    Didcot Skunk & Skag-addled Single Mothers' Boyfriends, I think. ****ers.

NTTAWWI, of course.

Didcot Skunk & Skag-addled Single Mothers' Boyfriends, I think. ****ers.

NTTAWWI, of course.
    I take it you later hunted the fellow in question down and exacted a painful revenge?