Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
I think his crime was minimising the impact of sexual abuse of children by suggesting that the best approach would be to live with it until you get older and then 'sort them out'.

Which sounds a pathetically stupid thing to think, let alone say. A sackable offence for someone whose job puts them in the public eye? Certainly in today's climate. Caused solely or mostly by reaction social media? Probably.

But I would say the same thing about the idea that the left is stifling debate by throwing 'isms' around every time someone states a contrary opinion. Are they really stifling opinion or is it just social media going overboard whenever given the chance?

The latter, I think. So back to Burney's original point, yes social media is a load of c*nt.
The left certainly are stifling debate. For starters, have you not heard anything about the 'no-platforming' phenomena that has taken hold in academic institutions? About safe spaces and trigger warnings?

In fact, in the academic sphere, it's even worse, as they are actually influencing what is taught to students. University professors and lecturers are lining up to say they have amended what they teach for fear of being reported to the authorities by over-sensitive students.

You clearly have no idea what's going on in the world if you think these are not genuine issues.