Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Eric Bristow eh?

So, Eric Bristow eh?

Yet again we are treated to the unedifying sight of millions of people self-righteously piling onto a clearly rather dim and badly educated man who has made some ill-advised and rather unfortunate remarks on Twitter with the apparent intention of getting him sacked.

Social media really is a cùnt's paradise, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yet again we are treated to the unedifying sight of millions of people self-righteously piling onto a clearly rather dim and badly educated man who has made some ill-advised and rather unfortunate remarks on Twitter with the apparent intention of getting him sacked.

I was going to post something similar.

So his big crime was calling him a poof, not a pae*do? Would "pae*do poof" been ok? The man is, after all, clearly a poof.

Fair play to him, imo. Well said EB, quite right too.

But sacked from what though? I had presumed he was merely a retired darts player.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I was going to post something similar.

So his big crime was calling him a poof, not a pae*do? Would "pae*do poof" been ok? The man is, after all, clearly a poof.
    I think the association of páedofiddlery and poovery is simply considered verboten - even though pederasty has been a pretty common strand of poovery as long as it's existed. But yes, as you say, a man who cornholes young footballers certainly isn't straight.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    But sacked from what though? I had presumed he was merely a retired darts player.
    He does the commentary on darts for Sky, which I imagine is worth a few quid.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He was a pundit for Sky Sports. I say "was" because he's been fired for his tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    He was a pundit for Sky Sports. I say "was" because he's been fired for his tweets.
    Oh, they have sacked him, have they? Bunch of cünts.

I hardly imagine that the sort of people who watch darts would give a flying fück.

you can't beat a bit of Bully, etc, b.

fine sport is darts.

EB on the other hand? made himself look a bit of a ****
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Oh, they have sacked him, have they? Bunch of cünts.

I hardly imagine that the sort of people who watch darts would give a flying fück.
    No, they probably won't, but everyone's a cowardly corporate stooge nowadays though. Including the mighty Eric himself; he knew the score.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    you can't beat a bit of Bully, etc, b.

fine sport is darts.

EB on the other hand? made himself look a bit of a ****
    It's the sort of beery, offhand remark you could hear in any pub in the country any night of the week and dismiss as just a bit of boorish, drunken stupidity. I certainly find the remark nowhere near as repellent as all the staged swooning and pearl-clutching it has prompted from the professionally offended. ****ssake.