Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm like fvckin roided out on turkey here man. brussel sprouts, which I

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Preaching to the converted here, b. Beyond evil. One of my first weeks here, we had a big function in a Mexican restaurant - there was a tequila tasting (laughingly we were told this was the good stuff). Being new I didn't want to seem out of place*. Don't think I have touched it since

* yeah right
    Tequila is indeed the devil's beverage of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Are you one of them darkies then, e?

The grub sounds great. I have to marshal all that tomorrow.

We "celebrate" Thanksgiving in my house too nowadays, for some mysterious reason, so I just use it as a dry-run for Christmas dinner.
    Yeah, I think turkey is unfairly slammed. You need to slather it in other stuff, but that's exactly what gravy and above all cranberry sauce is for. Plus the volume: you have enough flat-out food to provide for the troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Turkey is merely a tedious lump of protein that has the sole virtue of size. Its only flavour is a rather foetid one that is quite distinct from that of game. The reason it requires so many 'trimmings' is because without them, no-one would bother eating the filthy thing.

People who claim to like turkey have little or no palate in my experience.
    I think you're, perhaps wilfully, missing the point. The jamboree is all about extravagance, opulence, conspicuous consumption and waste. Overdoing it, over-indulging with a guilt-free, fat *******-style frilliness.

Not because it's right or anything, or because anybody actually likes it, but simply as a way of demonstrating, saying we *can*, aren't we terrific!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Nah, I'm a white dude. But my longtime pal from college is a black fellow from Shreveport, LA. He represents a mix of things: total rich kid, as his pops was a sort of mafioso of sludge contracting in Louisiana. On the other hand my friend, effete and probably embarrassed by this source of wealth, is a major gourmand and world traveler. He brings the Southern cooking -- collard greens, grits I guess -- but also provides the fancier items.
    Your best friend is black

You wanna be careful; the Trump-folk will be after you.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."