Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm like fvckin roided out on turkey here man. brussel sprouts, which I

I'm like fvckin roided out on turkey here man. brussel sprouts, which I

totally dig, collard greens (for the dark complected fellas in our midst), stuffing, mac n cheese with gruyere. all kinds of wine and sh!t.

Aww yeea.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    totally dig, collard greens (for the dark complected fellas in our midst), stuffing, mac n cheese with gruyere. all kinds of wine and sh!t.

Aww yeea.
    Are you one of them darkies then, e?

The grub sounds great. I have to marshal all that tomorrow.

We "celebrate" Thanksgiving in my house too nowadays, for some mysterious reason, so I just use it as a dry-run for Christmas dinner.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We "celebrate" Thanksgiving in my house too nowadays, for some mysterious reason, so I just use it as a dry-run for Christmas dinner.
    Careful, the anti-turkey brigade will be on your case. Pwopah food snobs have goose, or manderin duck or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Careful, the anti-turkey brigade will be on your case. Pwopah food snobs have goose, or manderin duck or something.

I doubt even my best friends would describe me as a food snob, to be honest. Or, indeed, any other kind of snob. In fact, **** all snobs.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Game, goose, rib of beef, duck - anything but bloody turkey, a. Even the smell of turkey depresses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Game, goose, rib of beef, duck - anything but bloody turkey, a. Even the smell of turkey depresses me.
    That's all everyday stuff, whereas turkey is special. Just for Christmas, in fact.

And thanksgiving too, of course. Anyway, point is, it isn't about liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's all everyday stuff, whereas turkey is special. Just for Christmas, in fact.

And thanksgiving too, of course. Anyway, point is, it isn't about liking it.
    No. I have too few meals left in my life to go around eating stuff I don't like just because it's tradition, I'm afraid. It's like all those chaps round your way eating slimy, bony, muddy-tasting carpe frite just because it's Easter. Balls to that.

No. I have too few meals left in my life to go around eating stuff I don't like just because it's tradition, I'm afraid. It's like all those chaps round your way eating slimy, bony, muddy-tasting carpe frite just because it's Easter. Balls to that.
    I'm the head of a family though; tradition is sort of important.

People don't want to travel halfway around the world to the trough here bearing wondrous gifts without knowing in advance that they're going to find an enormous fat turkey done up with all the trimmings and lashes of the best strong drink.

And if they don't come then everybody's kiddies don't get all their presents and there's no family anymore.

The whole point of turkey is that, if properly cooked, it is very nice without being overwhelming and therefore it compliments all the trimmings beautifully. Not to mention that as a slightly gamey bird, it makes wonderful gravy. Crown and roast the breast, braise the legs, make a wonderful gravy and serve it with creamed sprouts, fried bread stuffing, roast potatoes and vegetables and a chipolata.

I fail to see how any man could not like that, Burney. It is certainly far superior to roast duck, which is always disappointing because the breast tastes like liver and there only so many things that go with it. Roast goose or a rib of beef, I will give you, are wonderful options. But turkey is wonderful, if properly prepared.