Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The idea of 'pardoning' a turkey at Thanksgiving confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    There a must a clip somewhere on You Tube...
    It watches hot chicks
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How long did this usually take him? And did she just happily stand there and take it?

Funny you should mention spunk on shoes, though. I washed my hands in the loo before going out for a walk, pressing the pump thing for soap. Only halfway round my walk through Enfield did I realise that it had come out rather too forcefully and I'd been wandering around with what appeared to be jizz on my shoe.
    Ages and ages, he had proper sexual stamina; probably 15 to 18 seconds. To be honest, when a 60lb turkey decides he's going to lean on you, there's not a lot you can do about it.

You shoe jizz probably matched your dirty old man demeanour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Pardoning the bird suggests that its demise would have been a punishment of retribution for some crime, surely? What crime have the turkeys of America committed then?

Also on Thanksgiving, it happens on a Thursday, right? And Amerikans don't really have holidays or time off work. I bet the daft bástards all go in on Friday.
    Sorry Charles, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. All Americans take the Thursday off and the overwhelming majority take the Friday off as well. Markets are closed Thursday and virtually inactive Friday. In fact, I seem to recall that from a transportation perspective, Wednesday night before Thanksgiving is the most active day of the year as almost all Americans go home for the holiday.

A wonderful tradition imo. The Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October, although I'm sure you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Sorry Charles, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. All Americans take the Thursday off and the overwhelming majority take the Friday off as well. Markets are closed Thursday and virtually inactive Friday. In fact, I seem to recall that from a transportation perspective, Wednesday night before Thanksgiving is the most active day of the year as almost all Americans go home for the holiday.

A wonderful tradition imo. The Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October, although I'm sure you knew that.
    What do Canadians have to be thankful for, wes? I mean, the yanqui got a great big country full of natural resources, the full spectrum of the earth's climates, a hugely varied fauna and flora and relatively few indigenous peoples to slaughter while they nicked it, but poor Canadians got 50 billion square miles of fúcking snow

A day of quiet reflection, Wesley ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Is yours about fücking over the injuns as well, WES?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is yours about fücking over the injuns as well, WES?
    Not sure if I'm honest, Burney. Is that what the Yanks is about? I thought it was all 'give thanks to God for what we have received' and that sort of thing.

We drink beer, watch football, eat turkey and pumpkin pie and fall asleep too early, much like the Yanks, I expect.

I f*cking love pumpkin pie, it must be said.

Not sure if I'm honest, Burney. Is that what the Yanks is about? I thought it was all 'give thanks to God for what we have received' and that sort of thing.

We drink beer, watch football, eat turkey and pumpkin pie and fall asleep too early, much like the Yanks, I expect.

I f*cking love pumpkin pie, it must be said.
    Indirectly, I think that is what it's about. I think the story is basically 'Yay! The Indians helped us out, stopped us starving and in return we quite rightly wiped the filthy savages out. Have a candied yam' (whatever the fůck one of those is).

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What do Canadians have to be thankful for, wes? I mean, the yanqui got a great big country full of natural resources, the full spectrum of the earth's climates, a hugely varied fauna and flora and relatively few indigenous peoples to slaughter while they nicked it, but poor Canadians got 50 billion square miles of fúcking snow
    I won't stand for this Canuck-shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I won't stand for this Canuck-shaming.
    Sorry, f. No offence intended.