Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: One of these Trump things about which there is considerable outrage.

[QUOTE=TheCurly;4136289]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

It's like Lord Of The Rings,p

240 page Appendix
    b is messing with our minds c... in my case, it won't take him long
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

[QUOTE=World's End Stella;4136285]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Well, first of all, Trump's comment makes it clear that he assumes the majority of Mexicans living in America are criminals
    Given that he is speaking in the present tense, that is demonstrably not the case. Indeed, the fact that you seek to interpret it in that way is evidence of your desperation to categorise him as racist for making a fair point about the situation as it currently obtains. Thus you effectively prove the point you are trying to gainsay - namely, that people like you will dismiss as racist anyone who dares to question the status quo on immigration.

QED.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-23-2016 at 03:28 PM.

[QUOTE=Burney;4136284]

You would be correct not to be amazed. p46.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/...port-2013/view
    And let us consider the matter a different way. Were I to say, during the course of an election campaign, that we don't want any more Irish because they get píssed, fight each other, beat up their wives and plant bombs at Harrods, would I be called a racist or would I be cheered to the rafters and carried shoulder high to the House of Lords?

Ban immigration from Canada because they're so dull and they talk funny. Racist, or just good sense?

Hmm?

[QUOTE=Sir C;4136288]
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Wasn't the context illegal immigrants? That's what I assumed. Illegal immigrants are criminal by definition, no?

I believe the point was the generally accepted response to Trump, rather than Trump himself. You seem to have fallen into the 'generally accepted' camp of categorising anything he says as racist because he said it, so it must eb racist, because he's a racist, which we know, because he says racist things. Even when he doesn't.
    Er, no, that's incorrect. I accused him of making two racist statements involving Mexicans not because he is Donald Trump but because the statements themselves are racist.

[QUOTE=World's End Stella;4136293]

Er, no, that's incorrect. I accused him of making two racist statements involving Mexicans not because he is Donald Trump but because the statements themselves are racist.
    And yet you have utterly failed to demonstrate that the statements are racist.

[QUOTE=World's End Stella;4136293]

Well then we apparently fundamentally disagree about what constitutes a racist statement.

[QUOTE=Sir C;4136292]
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

And let us consider the matter a different way. Were I to say, during the course of an election campaign, that we don't want any more Irish because they get píssed, fight each other, beat up their wives and plant bombs at Harrods, would I be called a racist or would I be cheered to the rafters and carried shoulder high to the House of Lords?

Ban immigration from Canada because they're so dull and they talk funny. Racist, or just good sense?

Hmm?
    A good friend of mine (he died a fortnight ago ) was having his single juke box juryed on Saturday Superstore by none other than The Thatch.
    She described the song as "boring".You know,only the way a song about escaping the bombs,bullets and sectarianism of Belfast can be thought of as anything else but boring.
    Now,SHE was an Irishist

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It is indeed. It's like how it's also racist to point out that someone clearly isn't a child or for that matter a refugee when the only excuse for letting them enter the country is that they are a child and/or a refugee. I'm sure Gary Lineker and Lily Allen could explain why doing this makes you a racist, but I'm not sure.

Essentially, I think it's that if someone is poorer and browner than you, then questioning their right to live in your country is racism.
    I can't remember Allen or Lineker ever having much sympathy for refugees prior to the referendum. They only started to give a sh*t about them after the referendum and only after the £ crashed. Funny, the pound crashing meant they weren't as wealthy as they once were. They're bitter about the money they've lost due to (mostly) common, white people voting for Brexit. That's why they're running round twitter calling people 'racist idiots'.

They're two c*nts imo.

[QUOTE=TheCurly;4136296]

A good friend of mine (he died a fortnight ago ) was having his single juke box juryed on Saturday Superstore by none other than The Thatch.
    She described the song as "boring".You know,only the way a song about escaping the bombs,bullets and sectarianism of Belfast can be thought of as anything else but boring.
    Now,SHE was an Irishist
    She was of the opinion that the Irish are all liars.

I can see where she was coming from, to be fair.

[QUOTE=TheCurly;4136296]

Now,SHE was an Irishist
    She never stopped the búggers coming in though, did she? Even after they blew her up.