Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One of these Trump things about which there is considerable outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I must admit that I have seen nothing to suggest that there is outrage at Trump's decision to deport illegals. Do you have a sauce?
    I believe he suggested Google.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You think identity politics is just a made up thing by paranoid people on the right and doesn't play a significant role in every area of cultural and political life?
    You'll have to point me to where I said anything like that, Monty. BTW, I think the whole 'identity politics' thing is load of nonsense. It's just another form of democratic expression, as far as I can see.

No, what I'd like to see is an example of a credible source (i.e. not The Sun) making a logical and rational argument for immigration control (or some other controversial policy of some kind) and then being accused of racism (or some other ism) by an equally credible source.

I must confess, I read the newspapers every day, I watch the television and listen to the radio pretty much every day, and I have yet to see or hear this particular phenomena. And yet there is no shortage of outrage from the right (I would consider myself to be part of the right, BTW) about how often this occurs. Burney has provided an example of an off the cuff comment by the former prime minister after a brief conversation with an individual, I'd like something a little more tangible, if possible.

[QUOTE=World's End Stella;4136215]You'll have to point me to where I said anything like that, Monty. BTW, I think the whole 'identity politics' thing is load of nonsense. It's just another form of democratic expression, as far as I can see.

No, what I'd like to see is an example of a credible source (i.e. not The Sun) making a logical and rational argument for immigration control (or some other controversial policy of some kind) and then being accused of racism (or some other ism) by an equally credible source.

I must confess, I read the newspapers every day, I watch the television and listen to the radio pretty much every day, and I have yet to see or hear this particular phenomena. And yet there is no shortage of outrage from the right (I would consider myself to be part of the right, BTW) about how often this occurs. Burney has provided an example of an off the cuff comment by the former prime minister after a brief conversation with an individual, I'd like something a little more tangible, if possible

Trump has only said reasonable things about immigrantion policy and everyone on the left
    considers him at best a racist and at worst a nazi. Is that not a good enough example?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You'll have to point me to where I said anything like that, Monty. BTW, I think the whole 'identity politics' thing is load of nonsense. It's just another form of democratic expression, as far as I can see.

I must confess, I read the newspapers every day, I watch the television and listen to the radio pretty much every day, and I have yet to see or hear this particular phenomena. And yet there is no shortage of outrage from the right (I would consider myself to be part of the right, BTW) about how often this occurs. Burney has provided an example of an off the cuff comment by the former prime minister after a brief conversation with an individual, I'd like something a little more tangible, if possible.
    Germain Greer, saying that men pretending to be women are not women. She got crucified. (not literally, before someone points that out).

EDIT: I use this example as one of the most influential feminists in history is probably a credible authority on what a woman is.

See also Peter Tatchell: Gay Rights activist who got into trouble for defending free speech in universities.
    Last edited by Ash; 11-23-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Germain Greer, saying that men pretending to be women are not women. She got crucified. (not literally, before someone points that out).

EDIT: I use this example as one of the most influential feminists in history is probably a credible authority on what a woman is.

See also Peter Tatchell: Gay Rights activist who got into trouble for defending free speech in universities.
    Still banging on about that. Seriously though - she said something controversial and people criticised her - criticism to which she was quite able to respond. How this equates to - even figuratively - being crucified is baffling

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Still banging on about that. Seriously though - she said something controversial and people criticised her - criticism to which she was quite able to respond. How this equates to - even figuratively - being crucified is baffling
    I'll certainly crucify you if you post that old photograph of her in the altogether
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Controversial? Odd way of spelling sensible imo. Wasn't long ago when it was controversial for a man to use women's changing rooms. Excuse my metaphor but there was a ****storm of outrage against her. Do we really have to analyse each article on the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'll certainly crucify you if you post that old photograph of her in the altogether
    I did think that it was a bit of a risk her being mentioned like that. In the old days, no sooner would you mention GG than the pic of her hairy growler would appear. It was traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I did think that it was a bit of a risk her being mentioned like that. In the old days, no sooner would you mention GG than the pic of her hairy growler would appear. It was traditional.
    And in the interests of equality
    Pat Rice's cock

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

On the plus side, since the mewling lefty brats had Brexit and Trump to wail about, the transloonies have wound their necks in a bit.

Perhaps I'll be able to go for a piss without being sexually molested by crazed manwomen, after all.